Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Frequent error 7410 on Kyocera FS-4020

I printed an error log and see that this error has come up randomly for the past 300k prints. I actually saw it happen while i was there today but the drum unit was not out of position. Another tech put in a new drum unit about a month ago and he also updated the firmware. I have noticed when it happens, it prints out a real faint image then throws the code. Simply powering off/on clears to error. Also i noticed frequent jams that is caused by a cover open or "forced stop" as the service manual reads. I'm thinking maybe the switching regulator might be at fault as the drum unit plugs into it and the top cover switch is mounted on that board. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts The_Murph's Avatar

Re: Frequent error 7410 on Kyocera FS-4020

Quote Originally Posted by twalker View Post
    I printed an error log and see that this error has come up randomly for the past 300k prints. I actually saw it happen while i was there today but the drum unit was not out of position. Another tech put in a new drum unit about a month ago and he also updated the firmware. I have noticed when it happens, it prints out a real faint image then throws the code. Simply powering off/on clears to error. Also i noticed frequent jams that is caused by a cover open or "forced stop" as the service manual reads. I'm thinking maybe the switching regulator might be at fault as the drum unit plugs into it and the top cover switch is mounted on that board. Has anyone else seen this problem?

It's possible that the drum is shifting slightly from normal machine vibrations, causing flaky contact and thus errors. Is the "lock" tab being put back in place or is it missing? That keeps the catch from being able to wiggle its way out of the connector (among other things). Just a thought.
    If you phrase your inquiry properly, you will get the answers you seek...

Good Luck ... You'll need it! HAHAHA!

~Big Dan~

Re: Frequent error 7410 on Kyocera FS-4020

Thanks for your reply Murph. After I further investigated the printer's service history, i found that the customer's IT guy dropped the printer and bent the frame three years ago. Our tech went out and had to bend the frame back to get the drum unit to lock in correctly. That tech left and another tech took over and has been fighting this thing ever since. i'm going to recommend that they junk this thing as it is not repairable.