Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DF470 C8040 error.

Original Call for finisher function disabled. I 906 reset, and then got a C8040 belt error. Cleaned sensors, reseated all connectors etc. Rear solenoid and gear appeared normal. Wondering if reseating connections on PCB might have been part of the cure? Have any of you seen this model/issue before?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    DF470 C8040 error.

Re: DF470 C8040 error.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-Techie View Post
    Original Call for finisher function disabled. I 906 reset, and then got a C8040 belt error. Cleaned sensors, reseated all connectors etc. Rear solenoid and gear appeared normal. Wondering if reseating connections on PCB might have been part of the cure? Have any of you seen this model/issue before?
    You have a sensor problem. This finisher's sensors have been a real problem for us to the point where we all carry at least ten in our car stock. What model are you working on? The 906 reset does not work on the models that use this finisher, it is located in the systems menu under service to reset a repaired finisher. The sensor is easy enough to get to as it is located on the back side of the finisher. Reseating connectors will do nothing for you, just replace the sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo-Techie View Post
    Do you mean the belt sensor at the large round black casting in the top rear?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

we tend to just exchange the whole finisher or sell a new machine depending on age... what a dog those DF-470's have been!

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    You have a sensor problem. This finisher's sensors have been a real problem for us to the point where we all carry at least ten in our car stock. What model are you working on? The 906 reset does not work on the models that use this finisher, it is located in the systems menu under service to reset a repaired finisher. The sensor is easy enough to get to as it is located on the back side of the finisher. Reseating connectors will do nothing for you, just replace the sensor.
    Yea we just started working on Kyocera's and i have this very intermittent code. But when i look in the DF 470 parts manual , it doesn't list the sensor as " Belt Sensor" or the solenoid as " Belt solenoid " , just sensors and solenoids , so its hard to tell which to order. The service manual lists them as Belt Sensor and Belt Solenoid , but not the parts manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The sensors are problems ,
    in some case the customer never did any sorting so we just removed the sorter or we updated the machine.
    most of these are four years old or more

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post
    Yea we just started working on Kyocera's and i have this very intermittent code. But when i look in the DF 470 parts manual , it doesn't list the sensor as " Belt Sensor" or the solenoid as " Belt solenoid " , just sensors and solenoids , so its hard to tell which to order. The service manual lists them as Belt Sensor and Belt Solenoid , but not the parts manual.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

This is common with kyocera the names in the manual vs the parts manual name is different.
    I was thinking the sensors pn305JA70070 but not sure.
    commonly we have to check parts with the dallas parts center

Quote Originally Posted by razzer View Post

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    DF470 C8040 error.

Funny story about this code: I ordered three of these sensors new and none of them worked. Then I started digging through my miscellany. After trying ~50 Sharp73 sensors I found exactly two that changed state properly.

"C8040" error, during initialization, DF-470.

Belt sensor BLS does not change state at finisher controller board CN10 pin3 to frame ground (signal: BRS). Defective Sharp 73 sensor stays at 1.73vdc blocked or unblocked. Good sensor changes state 0.15 unblocked > 4.91vdc blocked. To diagnose run Reset Disable Function. Leave top finisher door open so that the MFP does not error out during initialization. Test BLS with door open.

Run reset disable function: System Menu/Counter > ^/v to Adjustment/Maint. > ^/v to Service Setting > username: 2500, password: 2500 > ^/v to Enable Repaired Unit > Start. I tested nearly 50 sensors until I found (2) that changed state properly (305JA70070).

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    DF470 C8040 error.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Funny story about this code: I ordered three of these sensors new and none of them worked. Then I started digging through my miscellany. After trying ~50 Sharp73 sensors I found exactly two that changed state properly.

"C8040" error, during initialization, DF-470.

Belt sensor BLS does not change state at finisher controller board CN10 pin3 to frame ground (signal: BRS). Defective Sharp 73 sensor stays at 1.73vdc blocked or unblocked. Good sensor changes state 0.15 unblocked > 4.91vdc blocked. To diagnose run Reset Disable Function. Leave top finisher door open so that the MFP does not error out during initialization. Test BLS with door open.

Run reset disable function: System Menu/Counter > ^/v to Adjustment/Maint. > ^/v to Service Setting > username: 2500, password: 2500 > ^/v to Enable Repaired Unit > Start. I tested nearly 50 sensors until I found (2) that changed state properly (305JA70070).

=^..^=

Good stuff. That's some impressive troubleshooting.
    Growth is found only in adversity.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    DF470 C8040 error.

Like most Kyoceras, they do not make it easy to diagnose the accessories. Even when there are U031 functions to test the sensors I don't necessarily trust the results, and here's why: Sharp 73 sensors trip at >~3.5vdc hi, <~3.5vdc lo. Naturally it's desirable to get 4.91vdc hi, 0.15vdc lo, but that's not always the case. If your specific sensor goes hi to 3.55vdc it may or may not read hi to the machine, and U031 will never tell you that. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=