Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Unhappy Scan Error 1102 intermittently occurs to Mac OS Sierra V 10.12.6 using Kyocera M6526

Hey everyone,

I hope someone can help. I have a client using a Kyocera M6526cidn in a Mac environment who keeps getting a SMB Error 1102. the SMB share is configured on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. This error occurs intermittently and will sometimes deliver the scan file to the destination folder even after it triggers the 1102. I have change the folder config and ensure the account being used to write to the folder has all permissions. I figure a NAS would be the best solution but the client doesnt want to use a NAS. i need to figure out why the SMB login hangs every now and then. When I reboot the Kyocera it sends the first scan to the SMB folder buy requires several re-try after if the user wishes to scan more documents. The Kyocera firmware is up today. I am not the strongest network support tech but i want to concur this problem. Has anyone here every experienced this issue? Any suggested solution(s)?

Let me know
    CrazyMugs

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Scan Error 1102 intermittently occurs to Mac OS Sierra V 10.12.6 using Kyocera M6526

Re: Scan Error 1102 intermittently occurs to Mac OS Sierra V 10.12.6 using Kyocera M6

Quote Originally Posted by crazymugs View Post
    Hey everyone,

I hope someone can help. I have a client using a Kyocera M6526cidn in a Mac environment who keeps getting a SMB Error 1102. the SMB share is configured on macOS Sierra version 10.12.6. This error occurs intermittently and will sometimes deliver the scan file to the destination folder even after it triggers the 1102. I have change the folder config and ensure the account being used to write to the folder has all permissions. I figure a NAS would be the best solution but the client doesnt want to use a NAS. i need to figure out why the SMB login hangs every now and then. When I reboot the Kyocera it sends the first scan to the SMB folder buy requires several re-try after if the user wishes to scan more documents. The Kyocera firmware is up today. I am not the strongest network support tech but i want to concur this problem. Has anyone here every experienced this issue? Any suggested solution(s)?

Let me know
    CrazyMugs
    How is the client setup in the machine? Are you using a computer name or an IP address? From your description I am going to assume that you are using a computer name which is the best way, but if the DNS is from an ISP and not an internal network DNS server you are experiencing a time out in the computer name search. If using an ISP, we have had some success in going into the network setup page on the unit and checking off using the following DNS server[s] and then leaving the entries blank. What is the network environment? Is it a Windows network with MAC's or is it a pure MAC environment? It would make a difference on how network discovery is done. Try inputting the the destination computer as an IP address to see if that solves your problem.