Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8002i Jam 6510

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    8002i  Jam 6510

Re: 8002i Jam 6510

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    different machine.. please start your own NEW thread.
    It’s the same finishers.

As far as I know it’s never been resolved by Kyocera.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

we have found a few things that will give this finisher intermittent J6510 and J6310 jams. The first fix, is to replace the exit clutch. There is only one visible clutch and a two minute replacement time. (once you have removed the rear cover). The other is a 3 hour procedure, if done for the first time. It involves replacing two actuators that are used only when stapling., because that involves a different paper path. These two actuators are triangle shaped and with 1 million plus copies stapled, there is excess wear off the top of the actuators. (looks like wear and tear and decapitating the plastic off the actuators). The third fix, is actually from a TA-8000i bulletin for J6510,... this is a matter of loosening a screw and moving a plate to prevent paper pinch. Even though the 8000i uses a differant finisher, that section is the same as the DF-7110.
    So at least three reasons (probably more) for the intermittent J6510 and J6310 jams.
    Hope this helps.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJP View Post
    we have found a few things that will give this finisher intermittent J6510 and J6310 jams. The first fix, is to replace the exit clutch. There is only one visible clutch and a two minute replacement time. (once you have removed the rear cover). The other is a 3 hour procedure, if done for the first time. It involves replacing two actuators that are used only when stapling., because that involves a different paper path. These two actuators are triangle shaped and with 1 million plus copies stapled, there is excess wear off the top of the actuators. (looks like wear and tear and decapitating the plastic off the actuators). The third fix, is actually from a TA-8000i bulletin for J6510,... this is a matter of loosening a screw and moving a plate to prevent paper pinch. Even though the 8000i uses a differant finisher, that section is the same as the DF-7110.
    So at least three reasons (probably more) for the intermittent J6510 and J6310 jams.
    Hope this helps.
    I have preformed all of these fixes with success. And I have also seen the exit assy, that goes up and down, be out of syn by one tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    I have preformed all of these fixes with success. And I have also seen the exit assy, that goes up and down, be out of syn by one tooth.
    Thanks..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    8002i  Jam 6510

Has anyone tried this bulletin for jam 6510 on a DF-7110?

It is recommended for the DF-791 but the design looks to be identical
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

does anyone have the part number or switch name in the manual, of the two actuators that get warm off ?

Quote Originally Posted by HenryJP View Post
    we have found a few things that will give this finisher intermittent J6510 and J6310 jams. The first fix, is to replace the exit clutch. There is only one visible clutch and a two minute replacement time. (once you have removed the rear cover). The other is a 3 hour procedure, if done for the first time. It involves replacing two actuators that are used only when stapling., because that involves a different paper path. These two actuators are triangle shaped and with 1 million plus copies stapled, there is excess wear off the top of the I have preformed all of these fixes with success. And I have also seen the exit assy, that goes up and down, be out of syn by one tooth. (looks like wear and tear and decapitating the plastic off the actuators). The third fix, is actually from a TA-8000i bulletin for J6510,... this is a matter of loosening a screw and moving a plate to prevent paper pinch. Even though the 8000i uses a differant finisher, that section is the same as the DF-7110.
    Hope this helps.

Resized_20190423_151615001_1803001002.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by toddanderson View Post
    does anyone have the part number or switch name in the manual, of the two actuators that get warn off ?
    Actuators are worn down (top decapitated) and the part numbers for the DF-7110.... 303NB24182 AND 303RW54111.