Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RASJUDAH

lines on scanned docs ecosys m2535dn

i have a problem with a kyocera ecosys M2535dn when scanning through the df it produces colored lines on the scanned document

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: lines on scanned docs ecosys m2535dn

Clean the slit glass. Raise document processor and wipe the narrow glass on the left.

RASJUDAH

when im making copies using the df they come clean only when scanningthats when lines come bt wil go try it out

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

With all respect, I don't know why you wouldn't mention the clean copy when you initially posted your question.
    I also believe that Kyo Fan got it correct when he suggested cleaning the slit glass.
    I don't believe the machine is able to reproduce such a fine line, so when copying, it is basically there but not reproduced.
    Try scanning something to the computer, confirm the lines are there and then print it and see if it prints the colored lines that are scanned (though this is still slightly different than simply copying something).
    Some things you can try is turn off default color scan unless they need everything scanned in color.
    I believe that firmware has helped with this issue and I also seem to remember that there was a mod. update that puts a black film across the slit glass much like the larger machines have, but I am not certain or that; maybe someone has access to QA's and can confirm that.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

I have seen this problem on all generations of kyocera and sharp. Colored lines on scanned documents is the optics. You need to crack it open and clean the mirrors.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Clean your slit glass and optics.

Oils in pen inks on the glass will cause this due to light reflection and refraction. Like CWP said, the lines are often fine enough not to be reproduced by the print engine, but still picked up by the optics.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yes you can have colored lines on scans, I've seen it several times. Ill post later after I get with tech that has corrected the problem with the fix

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Colored lines in scan only is not unheard of on these machines even with a clean slit glass, does not show up in copies or faxes. Is there a black mylar strip on the slit glass? If not order some, we all have them as part of our car stock. KM had a tech bulletin many moons ago on the 1128's which is the same unit basically instructing the placement of the mylar on the slit glass to eliminate the colored lines. We have even had to go into the sims mode and adjust the scan position after installing the mylar strips to eliminate the colored lines in scans. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason why some units exhibit the problem and others do not. We have had units installed three months exhibit the problem and then others that have been installed for two years start exhibiting the problem. Easily corrected with the mylar and or the scanner adjustment.