Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ta2550ci error code c7620 and c7601

Back in December of 17, I had a service call on this particular TA2550ci for bad quality. After assessing the needs of the copier I had to order and install a cyan and black developer and drum. the image on it was light in bars similar to when developers start to fail. in addition, there was a lot of cyan developer material in the rear of the copier. when I put the new developers and drums in, the Image became really light and I had a machine error code of C7620. That error states: ID sensor timing error Color registration correction was failed. I looked into the error history and there were over 120 of this error as well as C7601. Obviously thats not a good thing. both point to registration sensors that look at the underside of the belt. So I replaced the sensors. Still no dice. I called kyocera tech support and their answer was engine board. I installed that and the problem was still there. Image was light all the way across, but only for cyan and black. I called my kyocera rep and together we spent a day swapping parts back and forth between a known good machine and a used machine. we swapped High voltage, engine, main, low voltage, we did a full pm onto the copier with no change to the image quality. We ran hundreds of sample pages through the copier and ran dev refresh and drum refresh to try and get the image back. finally I swapped the little board on the left side of the copier that gives charge to the transfer belt. The best I was able to get it was nearly solid pages with little 1-2 inch light bars randomly with skyshots. half tone copies looked fine though u089. I called it case closed and the copier was returned to the customer. just this morning the problem of cyan and black faded lines is back. I printed the error history and now instead of 120 of the error codes, there is now 255 of each. Im just asking on here in case someone else has had this issue. any thoughts or ideas you may have about the issue will be very much apprciated.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Re: Ta2550ci error code c7620 and c7601

Did you replace the belt?

I replaced the transfer belt, and then I replaced it again with a Maintenance Kit A, since it was a short ways away from the A maintenance. I also put in a second cyan developer. since the inital call there has been slightly over 1200 color prints on the copier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

wow looks like done just about everything. possible the line voltage is causing the problem? try hooking up a meter to the line that records the hi and low voltage and go back the next day to check it. worth a try?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Did you happen to save any of those hundreds of sample pages?

As an aside, endusers always assume that it's exactly the same problem as before. Sometimes it is ... and sometimes it isn't. Never assume the customer is providing you accurate information. If your going to assume something, assume that you'll have to make your own observations. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 03-15-2018 at 12:55 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

is there any crud on the ID sensors ?
    is it still logging C76XX codes?

the Id sensors are brand new (replaced in december) and they are clean when i move the shutter to the side to see them. Im still getting the errors, but When i visited the machine this morning I decided to try something I did not do last time. I taped the ID sensor shutter into the open position to see if It would give the error codes. That is yet to be seen, but I did two developer refreshes and 2 calibrations on the machine to bring some of the faded areas back. Im including a scan of the copy quality Im getting from skyshots. yellow is doing the same as black and magenta.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

If your density is not good, which it's not, you'll never get rid of the ID sensor errors. The sensors aren't seeing the patches, therefore can't perform any process control functions.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Shot in the dark? Laser. Is the machine in a dusty location?

the laser hasn't been replaced, though i have cleaned it off. I have the ID sensors exposed all the time until I get the parts which are to arrive on monday. according to the error log, its always getting the c-codes first thing in the morning when it gets turned on. The machines location is in a church office that isnt very dusty. Last time I visited the machine (thursday morning), I found the start of cyan developer material in the rear of the paper path and on the transfer roller (not belt). this tells me that the machine is over-toning itself dry.