Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera TaskAlfa 5550Ci - non-printing side problem with some picture on it

Hello, I need help with this issue:

When you copy or print in simplex mode (B/W or color) 2 copies, the second copy has at the NON-PRINTING side some picture from the first copy (see scanned image).
    What do you think, can happened this problem? I try to change drum (I swap the magenta drum (with charger roller) with black drum (witch charger roller)), but nothing happened.

The copy machine has together B/W and color 126.000 copies only.

I think, the problem can be at fusing unit, because the NON-PRINTING side has only contact with this. I think, the transfer roller can not be the problem, but... maybe, I think no? And transfer belt unit can not be the problem, because the NON-PRINTING side has do not touch with transfer belt unit (in simplex mode). Can I make some mistake in my idea? What do you think is wrong - fusing unit?

Thank you for your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera TaskAlfa 5550Ci - non-printing side problem with some picture on it

I agree with your conclusions. Maybe fuser, maybe 2nd transfer, not 1st transfer.

If it's 2nd transfer you would see it mainly after a paper jam, or in smears if it's generic toner. If it's fusing, maybe the media type is incorrectly set too hot or too cold, either can cause toner to adhere to the heat roller then the pressure roller. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spree View Post
    Hello, I need help with this issue:

When you copy or print in simplex mode (B/W or color) 2 copies, the second copy has at the NON-PRINTING side some picture from the first copy (see scanned image).
    What do you think, can happened this problem? I try to change drum (I swap the magenta drum (with charger roller) with black drum (witch charger roller)), but nothing happened.

The copy machine has together B/W and color 126.000 copies only.

I think, the problem can be at fusing unit, because the NON-PRINTING side has only contact with this. I think, the transfer roller can not be the problem, but... maybe, I think no? And transfer belt unit can not be the problem, because the NON-PRINTING side has do not touch with transfer belt unit (in simplex mode). Can I make some mistake in my idea? What do you think is wrong - fusing unit?

Thank you for your help.
    my bet a latent image is left on the press roller in the fuser.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello.

Bad news. I tried other fixing unit and other 2nd transfer roller, but still the same :-(

Example: when you print 3 copies (simplex) - all is good. Then you print other 3 copies (simplex) and only at the first copy at NON-PRINTING side is the picture. Then other 3 copies and only at the first copy at NON-PRINTING side the same.
    My idea: transfer belt unit do not perfectly clean the belt, this is transfered at 2nd transfer roller and this is the picture at NON-PRINTING side.

You believe this theory is good?

Are you using regular plain paper and if not, have you set the media type in the driver and system menu to match the type of paper you are using?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by protec View Post
    Are you using regular plain paper and if not, have you set the media type in the driver and system menu to match the type of paper you are using?
    Yes I change the media type from plain to heavy and still the same problem. I changed it in copy machine (in menu) and I make copies, no printing from PC. The paper is 80grams plain A4 format.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You can do this: Make 10 copies of your red arrow test pattern. Switch original to blue arrow test pattern and make 10 more copies. Observe on the first page of the second set: what color is the shadow image? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You can do this: Make 10 copies of your red arrow test pattern. Switch original to blue arrow test pattern and make 10 more copies. Observe on the first page of the second set: what color is the shadow image? =^..^=
    I test it like that: make some color copies, than make B/W copies and the NON-PRINTING side has color shadow image (at B/W copy). It is enough for you to help me? Otherwise I must go to customer

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Looks like transfer belt to me. Bring one with you if you have it.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Not sure if this will help...I seem to remember we had a similar problem on a 3530ci. The drive/clutch pack for the transfer belt was slipping , a partial image would show up on the back end , lead edge. Replacing the drive resolved the problem. Also , let me throw this out...If the transfer roller isn't properly cleaning wouldn't the problem on the back end get progressively worse with a long run?