Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Copystar Service Website

Copystar Service Website

I recently got booted from kdaconnect and have to use the copystar site. Anyone else having trouble with this site? As in, slow or unresponsive manual searches and overall poor layout? Hopefully it's still under contruction.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Copystar Service Website

Yep, all of that. I have been using the new Kyocera website. Most of it works fine, but the rest of it is not working. The search feature does not work at all. It should not be that hard to have someone built a website that works.

Copystar Service Website

Like anything else, change can pose a challenge. The new website is different and will take some time getting use to, I find that it works well. I generally can find what I am looking for, though it is much slower than before! Searching for a firmware update can take several minutes and while patience is a virtue, it should not take a minute or two to come up with the latest firmware update.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The old site is no longer being updated at all. The new site is not yet ready for prime time but they are going with it anyway. When I pressed our Regional Tech rep he admitted that they are having problems with the new site. A lot of information is missing (which is why the search function seems to not work - there's nothing there to find) and emailed notifications of new information take you to empty or dead links. I have been re-assured though that the site will soon be ready, maybe before 2025.

I do not get why I am getting email that just lead to a dead link. There is no legacy products, so if you want an old manual you have to go to the old site. The firmware is the only part I like. I just go to downloads and firmware and they are all in one place like they should. Hopefully they will get it working properly.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tonerkiller View Post
    I do not get why I am getting email that just lead to a dead link. There is no legacy products, so if you want an old manual you have to go to the old site. The firmware is the only part I like. I just go to downloads and firmware and they are all in one place like they should. Hopefully they will get it working properly.
    The old Capystar site has been shut down for Copystar dealers for several months. How are you accessing the old site.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    The old Capystar site has been shut down for Copystar dealers for several months. How are you accessing the old site.
    I was referring to the old Kyocera site. We are a Kyocera dealer. I guess copystar uses the same site as us now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Copystar Service Website

For what ever reason the new site requires the use of Fire Fox as your browser. This will allow you to access the areas you can't with IE. The old Copystar site has been gone for about a month ago or so.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    For what ever reason the new site requires the use of Fire Fox as your browser. This will allow you to access the areas you can't with IE. The old Copystar site has been gone for about a month ago or so.
    BUT...for the service portal you must use I.E.