Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM / CS-2550 Printed Pages ok Copied pages Light or smeared in middle

Re: KM / CS-2550 Printed Pages ok Copied pages Light or smeared in middle

Quote Originally Posted by Raydicks View Post
    ... However, there is a light print area in same place. I'm going to assume that my next move is the CCD. I would assume that if I remove the ISU cover that I should be able to access the ccd?

Is it still ok to use Windex or 90+% Alcohol or do the rules change here?
    Alcohol is fine. Just be aware that the CCD position is crucial for good focus. It's OK to remove the cover, and any plastic tunnel cover between the lens and the CCD. But do not remove any screws that are painted (precision adjustment). There are four screws that can be removed to change the CCD as an assembly but it's entirely unnecessary to remove them for cleaning. Especially NEVER TOUCH the screws that attach the CCD sensor board to the CCD frame. You'll never get it positioned properly again.

... An additional question since this customer has a number of Copystar printers / MFP's and the would rather get them repaired vs replacing them. In my past I have been able to print the test charts from actual devices however do you guys advise to order the 72570140 8.5X11 TEST CHART I think its a pack of 10. or is that unnecessary?
    On most modern MFPs you can print PDFs directly from a USB stick. I do most of my image diagnostics that way. It's quick & easy. The files are attached below. That being said, you cannot print a PDF directly on a CS-2550. Those test patterns will work fine for you. I think you'll discover that you lose the first (8) of them in the first month. The remaining (2) test patterns will last you for many years, until they get quite ratty and tattered. (10) is a good amount. =^..^=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KM / CS-2550 Printed Pages ok Copied pages Light or smeared in middle

I cleaned all 3 mirrors and it was a huge improvement! Thank you for the advice so far.

However, there is a light print area in same place. I'm going to assume that my next move is the CCD.

I've never had an issue with the CCD on one of these. Clean the mirrors again. I have had to go over the mirrors a couple of times when the glaze was really bad and had been there a while. Also don't forget to give the slit glass a very good scrubbing bottom and top.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    I've never had an issue with the CCD on one of these. Clean the mirrors again. I have had to go over the mirrors a couple of times when the glaze was really bad and had been there a while. Also don't forget to give the slit glass a very good scrubbing bottom and top.
    I'll check this morning I thought it was still there even when not using the sheet feeder, so i thought it was a problem with the Slit and the scan glass but I"ll check and let you know.

Thank you.

Technician

I cleaned all 3 mirrors and it was a huge improvement! Thank you for the advice so far.

Also when you took Platen glass out and cleaned in optics did you take out small slit glass and clean bottom also.And pull out drum and dev unit the rear side of optics clean that slit glass and when you have out developer unit check the h-cut that dev flow looks even. I usually check optics(mirrors) with flash light.

However, there is a light print area in same place. I'm going to assume that my next move is the CCD. I would assume that if I remove the ISU cover that I should be able to access the ccd?

Is it still ok to use Windex or 90+% Alcohol or do the rules change here?

or is there something else that i'm missing?

An additional question since this customer has a number of Copystar printers / MFP's and the would rather get them repaired vs replacing them. In my past I have been able to print the test charts from actual devices however do you guys advise to order the 72570140 8.5X11 TEST CHART I think its a pack of 10. or is that unnecessary?

I wanted to thank everyone for their willingness to provide the help and suggestions so quickly it is very much appreciated!

Also when you took Platen glass out and cleaned in optics did you take out small slit glass and clean bottom also.And pull out drum and dev unit the rear side of optics clean that slit glass and when you have out developer unit check the h-cut that dev flow looks even. I usually check optics(mirrors) with flash light.