Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Need to know Kyocera feature

Got my butt handed to me on an FS6530 with an internal finisher DF470.

Arrived to a finisher failure flashing on the screen. Could tell right away exit tray hit an obstruction during elevation causing the error. Problem is there's no sim906. Figured if reboot can't reset it, there's a problem.

After replacing the exit assy (with motor) and finisher PWB there's still no response from finisher and still flashes finisher failure.

Called Kyocera and the white knight explained to be the "906" on some of these mid range machines is in system menu - adjustment/ maintenance - enable repaired component.

Even though i wasted time and money i was happy to close the call on a Friday afternoon. And hopefully help someone else, seeing as this feature is NOT IN THE SERVICE MANUAL.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Need to know Kyocera feature

Page 1-3-118 of the service manual.

To Re-Enable a repaired unit you must:
    Press the System Menu/Counter key. > Select [Adjust/Maint.] using the cursor up/down keys. > Select [Service
    Setting] using the cursor up/down keys. > Select [Enable Repaired Unit] using the cursor up/down keys. > Press
    [Start].
    The selection for [Enable Repaired Unit] will only appear if there is a disabled unit able to be reset.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Thanks. Clearly i missed that. i meant it wasn't listed as a corrective action for the c8140 code. Usually the book recommends doing a 906, this one however just says to replace parts. I don't see these machines often.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Thanks. Clearly i missed that, i meant it wasn't listed as a corrective action within in the 8xxx finisher code. Usually the recommends doing a 906, this one however just says to replace parts
    This also bit me hard the first time I ran into a problem...Apparently Kyocera considers this MFP as user serviceable so they put the reset command in Adjust/Maint. Still would have been nice if 906 was active.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Yes it is not obvious that it is in the systems menu [enable repaired device], but this finisher has a major problem with the sensors. We all carry multiple opto sensors with us because this finisher just blows them out all the time, bad sensors but no replacement as of yet. Seldom have we seen a bad motor or board problem, just the sensors. Probably one of the worst finishers Kyo has released, can't tell you how many calls we have fielded for finisher failures due to the bad sensors it is just way out of line for machine failures.