Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Shield icon on op panel on Kyocera MFP

I have an M3660idn that I can not ping, access the command center nor access with Net Viewer. Net Viewer finds it but reports it as not connected. All the settings are correct to factory defaults. The only anomaly is a small blue Shield Icon in the upper right corner of the Op Panel. I have a vague recollection of this icon but can find nothing on KDA Central or Astea. Anyone recognize what this may be? They want to deliver this MFP tomorrow. And before anyone asks "Did you update the firmware?" this is a brand new model and there have not been any f/w releases yet.
    Thanks.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Shield icon on op panel on Kyocera MFP

Disregard the Shield Icon. That is just an indicator that security is set to low.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Shield icon on op panel on Kyocera MFP

Quote Originally Posted by GeneOR95 View Post
    I have an M3660idn that I can not ping, access the command center nor access with Net Viewer. Net Viewer finds it but reports it as not connected. All the settings are correct to factory defaults. The only anomaly is a small blue Shield Icon in the upper right corner of the Op Panel. I have a vague recollection of this icon but can find nothing on KDA Central or Astea. Anyone recognize what this may be? They want to deliver this MFP tomorrow. And before anyone asks "Did you update the firmware?" this is a brand new model and there have not been any f/w releases yet.
    Thanks.
    sounds like your NIC settings aren't right...

what IP addy is it set for?

get a laptop w/ crossover cable ... set your IP 1 lower ( ie machine 192.168.1.121 laptop 192.168.1.120 ) run your ping command from laptop

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Curiously, I was able to connect from my laptop which is on an entirely different network. At that point I turned it over to my IT guru who found a glitch in the router that needed to be reset. We are gradually changing over to join the corporate network and "things" creep in. Problem solved, not in the MFP. Thanks for the reply.