Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    WALTZGUY

TA-4501 JAM 4404

Copier started jamming about 2 months ago. 468k on device. intermittent duplex jamming. Replaced side conveying unit and connector assy that it connects to. Has been running for about a month before code came back today. firmware up to date. Our rep has not come up with anything solid. Has anybody had this problem before?
    Thanks in advance.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA-4501 JAM 4404

Re: TA-4501 JAM 4404

It's not exactly the code you're seeing, but close:

Misfeeds second side duplex J4401, then later jamming at the registration roller J4102. Duplex Clutch 1 never rotates. Conveying section, harnasses, and engine PWB have been replaced. Connector C (31 - 42) into the back of the drawer's modular connector is loose. Connection is lost at C32 (loop sensor LPS), C39 (DUCL1 signal), and C40 (DUS1 signal). The harnass is very tight. I may be necessary to re-route the harness to reach and re-connect connector C. Re-seat connector C on the MFP side of the drawer's modular connector.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA-4501 JAM 4404

Re: TA-4501 JAM 4404

Do not get misled by the last digit of this jam code, it only indicates which drawer was used when the jam occurred. The relevant part of the jam code is J44xx which is the duplex sensor 2 [DUs2]. I would start with replacing this sensor and if the jam code reoccurs try to determine why the paper is reaching this sensor late. Had a tech chase his tail for several weeks on a 4500i because the jam code's last digit said the paper came from the LCT when the problem was actually elsewhere. Sometimes too much info [last two digits of the jam code] can be distracting, as I believe is the case here. All the jam J44xx codes refer to the DUS2 sensor.