Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pop3 setup

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Pop3 setup

Re: Pop3 setup

We have setup several customers to receive their PO's from their customers by sending an email to an email account [just for the machine] that was created for this. The machine periodically polls the email address and prints out the message and the the attachments [the PO] with no user intervention other than picking up the pages from the machine. The only caveat to this is where the customer is using an Exchange server where the email is encrypted between the client and the server and then sent to the machine's email address, as the machine cannot decrypt the body of the email. In our setups the customer does not care as they get the info that they want which is the customer's PO.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    are they opening the email on a workstation? sounds like they are opening the attachment and hitting print!

have you seen it do this?

what email program again?
    Yes, we did witness this. We set up one of our units in our office to do it as a test so we could iron out the bugs and make the process a bit more seamless.

We set it up on a 5052ci. And we’re using Office 365. We sent an email with some text in the body of the email along with a PDF attached. The email is received to the inbox, then the machine polls the inbox at 3 minute intervals. It then prints the attachment only.

We tried it where we set the MFP to delete the email after it prints and also to not delete the email after it prints. Those features work as advertised, but either way, just the attachment is printed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Pop3 setup

It doesn't print the email body, just the attachment.
    Actually, I just looked & the new models do print the email. Page 43 of the Command Center RX Guide.
    Capture.JPG
    Last edited by tmaged; 05-10-2018 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Correction
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    It doesn't print the email body, just the attachment.
    Actually, I just looked & the new models do print the email. Page 43 of the Command Center RX Guide.
    Capture.JPG
    Well I’ll be damned. Looks like it pays to actually READ the book!!! I saw that setting and we left it off, thinking it would spit out an actual cover page, not the body of the email.

Thanks so much!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk