Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KM2530

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts tcypy1961's Avatar

KM2530

went out to remove a paper wrapped around heat roller. Then made copies to make sure copier was ok. LEF kept skewing and either wrinkling or stopping in copier before the fuser. When SEF was ran all hell broke loose. The paper would either initially feed from the tray and stop while the copier would run (for about 30-45 seconds) then go dead (display and all shut down) when it booted back up display would show misfeed in copier. If copier would act like it was going to work (there were a couple of times multiple runs of 10 copies were made with no issues) after about 3-4 copies during the process the copier would again go dead and come back to life with misfeed left in the machine. I do believe it was always just one sheet of paper removed each time and always at the registration(1st paper feed switch using drawer #2). I removed the fax option completely as well as execute all memory clear removed and inspected the power source PCB. I've yet to do anything to the main PCB. Looking for some help.
    Thanks!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: KM2530

Check power source board voltage, voltage at the wall outlet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

That unit has been obsolete for several years. about time they upgraded to new or newer used.

Quote Originally Posted by itchyfinger@att.net View Post
    That unit has been obsolete for several years. about time they upgraded to new or newer used.
    unfortunately I don't have the finances to do so. I did try the copier in other outlets however they were on the same wall. This problem to my knowledge just started. What's got me buffaloed is it's stopping at the same spot every time whether single copying or multiple copying.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I still put km2530 where it isn't economical to unvest in newer equipment. If it shuts down completely it must be low voltage or a short. Can you do copying without paper, think is sym u002, and see if it shuts down.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    unfortunately I don't have the finances to do so. I did try the copier in other outlets however they were on the same wall. This problem to my knowledge just started. What's got me buffaloed is it's stopping at the same spot every time whether single copying or multiple copying.
    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KM2530

If it helps, believe it or not I have a NIB fuser if it helps ya...

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tcypy1961 View Post
    went out to remove a paper wrapped around heat roller. Then made copies to make sure copier was ok. LEF kept skewing and either wrinkling or stopping in copier before the fuser. When SEF was ran all hell broke loose. The paper would either initially feed from the tray and stop while the copier would run (for about 30-45 seconds) then go dead (display and all shut down) when it booted back up display would show misfeed in copier. If copier would act like it was going to work (there were a couple of times multiple runs of 10 copies were made with no issues) after about 3-4 copies during the process the copier would again go dead and come back to life with misfeed left in the machine. I do believe it was always just one sheet of paper removed each time and always at the registration(1st paper feed switch using drawer #2). I removed the fax option completely as well as execute all memory clear removed and inspected the power source PCB. I've yet to do anything to the main PCB. Looking for some help.
    Thanks!!!
    Wow....how old is this? KM2530
    They were my favourite machine when I was a boy....
    At this age, it really could be anything. HVT leak, HDD error, LVPS poor solder joints, failed electrolytic caps? Good luck.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM2530

How about doorswitches? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How about doorswitches? =^..^=
    I went back out today to drop off loaner(table top) & ck the line voltage. I thought about the main switch & held it while copying & initially it seemed to work. When ck'g line voltage initially did not see any changes even when Copier shut down & rebooted. However one time the voltage shot up to 200 volts (meter leads plugged in at copier) . When ck'd at outlet could not duplicate??? Did notice a tension spring missing on transfer roller and broken piece from transfer unit preventing front side of transfer unit from possibly seating firmly. Did remove broken piece had no spring problem still there. Did re-ck error codes and there were (8)C0210 codes since I cleared memory yet the copier never displayed them I have a junk machine for parts mainly PCB's wondering which it might be. Most problems with this copier have been operator caused, not sure if it's the same cause what that would be.
    Thanks!!!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    KM2530

I agree with Blackcat, look at the front door switches! Had one a month or so ago that just the vibration from running a copy would cause the front door actuators to release the switches causing multiple indications. A user simply touching the front cover with their leg while standing in front of the machine while making a copy would be enough.