Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Ecosys M6526 cidn noise

We are a Lanier dealer but a new customer asked us to look at this unit. It was working fine last Thursday and when they came in Friday morning the machine made a loud grinding noise and popped an error code of 2820.
    I looked up the code and it says a fuser motor error, is this correct, and is there anything in particular that everyone has seen on this model that can cause that?
    Thanks for any help.

Cameron

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

Re: Ecosys M6526 cidn noise

Most likely the fuser locked up and needs to be replaced. Have replaced a few of these. These can be a bit of a booger to get out if the fuser pressure release is off timing.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by masterchill View Post
    Most likely the fuser locked up and needs to be replaced. Have replaced a few of these. These can be a bit of a booger to get out if the fuser pressure release is off timing.
    To release the pressure before fitting the fuser, plug the machine and turn on. It will run the cam to release the pressure. This is in the manual. Ecosys M6526 cidn noise

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thanks for the responses. This is the first and only one of these I have seen, so the company won't get a manual for it, so I just need to go off what you say.
    If I turn the machine on without the fuser installed does it need to be plugged in or not?

Thanks

Cameron

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vstar View Post
    Thanks for the responses. This is the first and only one of these I have seen, so the company won't get a manual for it, so I just need to go off what you say.
    If I turn the machine on without the fuser installed does it need to be plugged in or not?

Thanks

Cameron
    No. Just leave the fuser unplugged. Turn on the machine and you can watch the cam turn. If you don’t do this it’s almost impossible to fit the new fuser.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Thank you Ropariva, the customer finally got back to me and I have the fuser now. I will be going out today and putting it in.

Thanks again

Cameron