Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KFS Mobile -  No devices found

KFS Mobile - No devices found

Just installed KFS Mobile, when logging in, it shows "No devices found" on android phone

Server URL: https://rfs-us.kyocera.biz/
    Username: My kfs username
    Password: My kfs password
    Access Code: Access Code from our dealer group

I've also tried using access codes from customer groups, any code I use allows me to login, but shows no devices found.
    I can login to the web portal and see all groups and devices. We have a few machines directly in our dealer group but most machines are in sub group of customers. My user permissions are set to manager.

I have not tried contacting kyocera support, just figured I would start here in case it was something simple I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
    MNTECH

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: KFS Mobile - No devices found

Quote Originally Posted by mntech View Post
    Just installed KFS Mobile, when logging in, it shows "No devices found" on android phone

Server URL: https://rfs-us.kyocera.biz/
    Username: My kfs username
    Password: My kfs password
    Access Code: Access Code from our dealer group
    I've also tried using access codes from customer groups, any code I use allows me to login, but shows no devices found.
    I can login to the web portal and see all groups and devices. We have a few machines directly in our dealer group but most machines are in sub group of customers. My user permissions are set to manager.
    I have not tried contacting kyocera support, just figured I would start here in case it was something simple I am doing wrong.
    Thanks, MNTECH

from what I have read in CTN LOTS OF TECHs are having probs with the KFS system.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I haven't had any problems with kfs web version like some ppl have, just not sure why the app doesn't show me anything. It has an icon that looks like the Bluetooth symbol to refresh devices, is this app intended to be a mobile version of kfs web, or is it meant to be connected onsite directly to a machine?

Imho, kyocera/copystar need to get there s#!t together, the American sites are ridiculously slow, we have 100 Mbps internet, but browsing their sites feels like 56k dial up

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

56? i was thinking more like 16kbs. And don't get me started on tech bulletins!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I did not download the app. I go to the website from my phone. It has been working great. That is how I upgrade firmware. I pull up KFS on my phone and upgrade the firmware from there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Yeah, I use the website on my mobile phone almost everyday, but since the website isn't mobile friendly, I constantly have to zoom in and out to navigate, I was just hoping the app would give me the same functionality in a more mobile friendly view.

Thanks for the replies

It does not. It only syncs with a machine that is plugged directly into your phone.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Good to know!

I just plugged my phone charger(usb) into a machine, and sure enough, it showed up! It looks like this is only useful for upgrading firmware, which I would normally push remotely. This might be nice if on site, I need to do firmware but don't want to dig out my laptop.

Looks like you can download firmware packages to your phones storage and push them when needed. You have to scroll thru all the firmware packages to find the one you need, no way to search.

Yes. Good for an occasional firmware upgrade but not much else.