Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    FS-1028 intermittent background, in middle of a run..?

Hi Folks..I have an older Kyocera FS-1028, that will intermittantly produce background on some copies...?
    I would think, maybe a drum ground issue, it's just weird, that it's not consistant..I removed glass, clean lamp, etc..just have never seen this issue..I did replace customers machine with a new unit..so I have machine in my office, but hoping I'm missing something simple..has a new drum..
    curious , if anyone else has seen this..?

Thanks,

Jaime,
    I.C.S.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: FS-1028 intermittent background, in middle of a run..?

Quote Originally Posted by jper34 View Post
    Hi Folks..I have an older Kyocera FS-1028, that will intermittantly produce background on some copies...?
    I would think, maybe a drum ground issue, it's just weird, that it's not consistant..I removed glass, clean lamp, etc..just have never seen this issue..I did replace customers machine with a new unit..so I have machine in my office, but hoping I'm missing something simple..has a new drum..
    curious , if anyone else has seen this..?

Thanks,

Jaime,
    I.C.S.
    First, are you using OEM toner or a compatible? We have had issues with compatible toners on this model that will run fine for quite some time and then on the next toner change either create a background on the page or a background on the backside of the page. We have attributed this to the sellers of the compatible toner buying the toner from the cheapest supplier and it is not compatible with the toner that is currently in the unit, even though they say ii is from the same supplier. you could vaccuum the dv unit and run sim 130 to replenish the toner dv unit to solve your problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Don't even bother if you're running genetic and don't bother vacuuming. New dev tank + OEM

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Don't even bother if you're running genetic and don't bother vacuuming. New dev tank + OEM
    yeah, I even swapped out the whole d.v. unit, with the same results..but I have seen that, with compatible toners..I think the "oem" doesnt mix good with the compatibles..and I have vacuumed out developer units in the past , with success..so I dont see toner being the issue, in this case..just weird, that,say after 12 copies, , I will get a copy with background, then, it will clear up..wondering if it could be an hvt...I've just never seen this this before..it's probally not worth, putting too much into it, as it's an older machine..Yhanks..

Jaime

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jper34 View Post
    yeah, I even swapped out the whole d.v. unit, with the same results..but I have seen that, with compatible toners..I think the "oem" doesnt mix good with the compatibles..and I have vacuumed out developer units in the past , with success..so I dont see toner being the issue, in this case..just weird, that,say after 12 copies, , I will get a copy with background, then, it will clear up..wondering if it could be an hvt...I've just never seen this this before..it's probally not worth, putting too much into it, as it's an older machine..Yhanks..

Jaime
    i think you could be onto something on the drum ground... had the same issue on a Ricoh collor 400 years ago... took a copper strip from a 1013 attached w/ cable tie ( temp) ran it. Before it would start about 15-20 pages.... got some ground straps from old fusee... fixed to the frame @ drum... 1 adjustment for contact... good to go.... ended being a "setup" procedure for new units.