Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS-3140MFP - Error 1102 - Send Result Report

Hello,

I am trying to setup Scan to a Folder on my Win 10 PC and I am getting the login error 1102. Tried SSL (SMB 445 Port) beside the default 139, tried different combinations of the Hostname and Folder Path on the Kyocera Command Center, different user accounts, used both Advanced Sharing and Security Full Control settings, tried turning SNMP V3 On, IPv6 ON, Turned the Firewall Off .... you name it..... but I did not find a setting for the Workgroup name on this model.... and also did not find a setting to turn off the Send Result Report, even in the Maintenance Mode... The report is so annoying because it prints a page after every try....

Any ideas please?

Thanks in Advance!

Technician

Re: FS-3140MFP - Error 1102 - Send Result Report

Quote Originally Posted by MFPTech View Post
    Hello,

I am trying to setup Scan to a Folder on my Win 10 PC and I am getting the login error 1102. Tried SSL (SMB 445 Port) beside the default 139, tried different combinations of the Hostname and Folder Path on the Kyocera Command Center, different user accounts, used both Advanced Sharing and Security Full Control settings, tried turning SNMP V3 On, IPv6 ON, Turned the Firewall Off .... you name it..... but I did not find a setting for the Workgroup name on this model.... and also did not find a setting to turn off the Send Result Report, even in the Maintenance Mode... The report is so annoying because it prints a page after every try....

Any ideas please?

Thanks in Advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technician

Hello,

Any ideas please?

Thanks in Advance!
    1102 usually is a bad password or wrong DNS settings.

Also, make sure the network that the PC is on is not set to public.

For the reports: system menu > report > send result report > turn off for scanning

check the advanced sharing settings on the PC. check the password protected sharing also.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

We had some 4501i's start doing this, was working then it quit after a win 10 update. we updated f/w and resolved the issue.

Hello,

Any ideas please?

Thanks in Advance!
    I just find some fix with windows 10
    go to control panel programs and features select windows features on or off scroll down look for SMB and check the box the new Update disable SMB V1

Resolved the issue by scanning to USB lol
    Quote Originally Posted by CleanTheSlitGlass View Post
    1102 usually is a bad password or wrong DNS settings.

Also, make sure the network that the PC is on is not set to public.

For the reports: system menu > report > send result report > turn off for scanning

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Hello,

Any ideas please?

Thanks in Advance!
    The 1102 error code is a failure to authenticate to the PC targeted. Is the PC part of a domain network? If so the username would be domainname\username. If the folder is shared properly on the PC the path would be simple the folder name [example: scans] no need for computername\target folder. Although you said you used advanced sharing when sharing the folder to scan to, after allowing sharing did you also go to the security tab and verify that the user that you allowed through advanced sharing was also listed? I find some times that the security to the folder is not always set by advanced sharing and have to add it manually on the security tab. Did you check the firewall rules? Is file and printer sharing via smb enabled for both in-bound and out-bound rules? The default port for SMB scanning has not been port 139 for quite a few years, it has been port 445 which is not SSL. Lastly, does the user have a password? We have found numerous occasions where the user does not have a password which will prevent the unit from scanning to the designated PC because since Win7, windows requires a password for SMB. A simple check would be to open the user accounts in control panel and see if it states for the user being used to change password or "create" a password. If it is create a password the account has no password and will "never" be able to scan via SMB. You have to create a password for the account. Also, the user account being used, is it the correct one? Go into control panel and open up the system settings and then click on advanced systems settings and then click on user profiles to see the users that have access to the pc. In many cases we have found IT people simply rename an existing account that shows up in user accounts and actually uses a different root account. Case in point is a customer we had that changed computers ant the IT people were using the name [for arguments sake] Chris as the login name when the actual account was Cxxxxx. A general rule of thumb I use is to see which account in the advanced settings user profiles has the largest size, this is typically the user of the PC and enter that as the username in the scan to smb settings. hope this helps a little in getting your scanning issue resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    The 1102 error code is a failure to authenticate to the PC targeted. Is the PC part of a domain network? If so the username would be domainname\username.

If the folder is shared properly on the PC the path would be simple the folder name [example: scans] no need for computername\target folder.

Although you said you used advanced sharing when sharing the folder to scan to, after allowing sharing did you also go to the security tab and verify that the user that you allowed through advanced sharing was also listed? I find some times that the security to the folder is not always set by advanced sharing and have to add it manually on the security tab.

Did you check the firewall rules? Is file and printer sharing via smb enabled for both in-bound and out-bound rules? The default port for SMB scanning has not been port 139 for quite a few years, it has been port 445 which is not SSL.

Lastly, does the user have a password? We have found numerous occasions where the user does not have a password which will prevent the unit from scanning to the designated PC because since Win7, windows requires a password for SMB. A simple check would be to open the user accounts in control panel and see if it states for the user being used to change password or "create" a password. If it is create a password the account has no password and will "never" be able to scan via SMB. You have to create a password for the account. Also, the user account being used, is it the correct one? Go into control panel and open up the system settings and then click on advanced systems settings and then click on user profiles to see the users that have access to the pc. In many cases we have found IT people simply rename an existing account that shows up in user accounts and actually uses a different root account. Case in point is a customer we had that changed computers ant the IT people were using the name [for arguments sake] Chris as the login name when the actual account was Cxxxxx. A general rule of thumb I use is to see which account in the advanced settings user profiles has the largest size, this is typically the user of the PC and enter that as the username in the scan to smb settings. hope this helps a little in getting your scanning issue resolved.

Thanks for taking your time to reply to my post. Here are my answers to your questions:

1. This is a standalone PC and is connected to the copier Peer-to-peer via a switch

2. Tried the UNC path, tried just the computer name in Hostname field and the folder name in the path field, with and without backslashes....

3. Quote: "used both Advanced Sharing and Security Full Control settings"

4. Turned the firewall off, and tried both, SSL On and port 445, as well as port 139. Imported the certificate too.

5. I created a special account and it does not work.

I am fine using Scan to USB but it bothers me because I Never had an issue with Scan to SMB before, Kyocera or non-Kyocera MFPs.... Windows or Mac!

Probably it's just a Firmware issue and this one is an old machine because I think I know where the problem is, the folder name does not show on the MFP, no matter where I put the folder name..... all I see when I select the SMB on the copier is
    only the Hostname ....

Thanks for taking your time to reply to my post. Here are my answers to your questions:

1. This is a standalone PC and is connected to the copier Peer-to-peer via a switch

2. Tried the UNC path, tried just the computer name in Hostname field and the folder name in the path field, with and without backslashes....

3. Quote: "used both Advanced Sharing and Security Full Control settings"

4. Turned the firewall off, and tried both, SSL On and port 445, as well as port 139. Imported the certificate too.

5. I created a special account and it does not work.

I am fine using Scan to USB but it bothers me because I Never had an issue with Scan to SMB before, Kyocera or non-Kyocera MFPs.... Windows or Mac!

Probably it's just a Firmware issue and this one is an old machine because I think I know where the problem is, the folder name does not show on the MFP, no matter where I put the folder name..... all I see when I select the SMB on the copier is
    only the Hostname ....
    Does the unit have the latest firmware installed? Additionally, Win10 has peer to peer discovery turned off and the win10 firewall also prohibits it. Since you say that you turned off the firewall and still have the problem, I suspect that network discovery is not enabled and that peer to peer is also disabled. When you set the advanced sharing and security on the folder, did you use the username that you entered into the machine? Just enabling "Everyone" permissions and security will not work. Scanning via SMB does not use SSL and importing a certificate again does not assure that the username and password would be recognized if the computer and folder are not set properly, since the certificate would only authenticate the machine to the computer and not the username/password to the targeted folder. Have you verified that the username you are using is the actual username that Win10 is expecting. As stated previously, the user name in User Accounts may be mapped to a different user account in the system when you view it in system settings, advanced settings, user profiles, which is the account [username] that you should use as this is what Win10 is expecting. Hope this helps a little.