Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera M2540dw fax setup help

Hi Folks,
    I'm delivering a new fax machine for customer, M2540dw, they want to be able to view received faxes , before actually printing them out.
    Can anyone help out with set up procedures..? Also, want to be sure it can be setup, to do this feature..Thanks !

Jaime
    I.C.S.
    CT.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera M2540dw fax setup help

forward to email is an option. There's nothing you can see at the machine.

You can also forward to scan to file

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jper34 View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'm delivering a new fax machine for customer, M2540dw, they want to be able to view received faxes , before actually printing them out.
    Can anyone help out with set up procedures..? Also, want to be sure it can be setup, to do this feature..Thanks !

Jaime
    I.C.S.
    CT.
    You can setup fax forwarding via the machine's webpage or at the device though it is easier do it via the webpage, to have all incoming faxes forwarded to a folder as a PDF file. The user(s) then can preview the received faxes before printing from the folder assigned. On the fax tab set RX forwarding to on and then enter the information for the folder that you want to forward the faxes to, it is the same as setting up a scan to SMB. Just make sure that the folder size is not restricted as we have found that the users do not always delete the unwanted faxes or move or delete the faxes that they have printed, so a folder setup with a quota could easily be exceeded which will prevent new incoming faxes from being sent to the folder.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    You can setup fax forwarding via the machine's webpage or at the device though it is easier do it via the webpage, to have all incoming faxes forwarded to a folder as a PDF file. The user(s) then can preview the received faxes before printing from the folder assigned. On the fax tab set RX forwarding to on and then enter the information for the folder that you want to forward the faxes to, it is the same as setting up a scan to SMB. Just make sure that the folder size is not restricted as we have found that the users do not always delete the unwanted faxes or move or delete the faxes that they have printed, so a folder setup with a quota could easily be exceeded which will prevent new incoming faxes from being sent to the folder.
    Thanks Sand,

Thats what I was thinking, has to be connected to newtwork, but I think this will work for my customer...thanks for the further instructions, really appreciate it !!!

Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by jper34 View Post
    Thanks Sand,

Thats what I was thinking, has to be connected to newtwork, but I think this will work for my customer...thanks for the further instructions, really appreciate it !!!

Jaime

Clarification please: When setting it faxes to go to a file will each separate fax be a separate file/data item in the folder it is set to go in on the network?

Senior MFP Technician 100+ Posts ihatefinishers13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fountaingirl View Post
    Clarification please: When setting it faxes to go to a file will each separate fax be a separate file/data item in the folder it is set to go in on the network?
    Yes, each fax job will be a separate file.

Thank you!