Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: M2540dw offset

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    M2540dw offset

M2540dw offset

I have been seeing this problem when setting up M2635dw M2540dw machines. Notice the horizontal center line on the right side offsetting at the very end.

I think the fuser rollers are not warm enough at the ends causing offset. The drum and fuser circumferences are only 1mm apart so it is hard to tell by repetitive defects guage. The distance is 95mm on this example. The toner doesn't wipe off easily but I still think it is fusing offset.

This is regular 20 pound paper. example.pdf

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    M2540dw offset

Re: M2540dw offset

Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    I have been seeing this problem when setting up M2635dw M2540dw machines. Notice the horizontal center line on the right side offsetting at the very end.

I think the fuser rollers are not warm enough at the ends causing offset. The drum and fuser circumferences are only 1mm apart so it is hard to tell by repetitive defects guage. The distance is 95mm on this example. The toner doesn't wipe off easily but I still think it is fusing offset.

This is regular 20 pound paper. example.pdf
    The example you provided does not show a fuser offset problem, that I can see. Perhaps the example you provided was only scanned in B/W not gray scale and was eliminated from the file. We have had three units in this series out of over one hundred in the the filed that would create a splotched looking offset about 3/4 of the way down the page after approximately 55-60K, never on setup. The cause was the pressure release mechanism in the fuser was binding up and releasing the pressure against the heat roller. Since the units only print 8.5" wide the offset if it was created by the fuser would be occurring down the length of the page. From the example you provided I would not suspect a fuser issue, especially on initial setup. When you say offset are you referring to a previously printed image that is then transferred later on the page to printed image, or is it something else? Your description of the horizontal "center" line on the right hand side of the page is contradictory, a center line can not be on the right hand side. From you example, I cannot see what problem you are trying to solve?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    M2540dw offset

Re: M2540dw offset

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    The example you provided does not show a fuser offset problem, that I can see. Perhaps the example you provided was only scanned in B/W not gray scale and was eliminated from the file. We have had three units in this series out of over one hundred in the the filed that would create a splotched looking offset about 3/4 of the way down the page after approximately 55-60K, never on setup. The cause was the pressure release mechanism in the fuser was binding up and releasing the pressure against the heat roller. Since the units only print 8.5" wide the offset if it was created by the fuser would be occurring down the length of the page. From the example you provided I would not suspect a fuser issue, especially on initial setup. When you say offset are you referring to a previously printed image that is then transferred later on the page to printed image, or is it something else? Your description of the horizontal "center" line on the right hand side of the page is contradictory, a center line can not be on the right hand side. From you example, I cannot see what problem you are trying to solve?
    On the above example I meant center line going left to right like the equator.The problem was at the right side of that line. A portion of the line is missing and is transferred 95mm lengthwise on the page. Nothing is missing from the file, it is clearly visible.

If you turn on a cold machine and immediately run copies of something that has coverage at the edges you may see this problem. It usually goes away after a while. Here is another example. Maybe it isn't very noticeable but I can see something is wrong. The arrows are not filled in and the missing image is put back onto the page. This was a multiple copy run so there is a mark near the top from the previous image.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by nathicana; 06-14-2018 at 09:17 PM.