Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ecosys M2530dn with new DK-170, where's the Umph?

Ecosys M2530dn with 53K on the clock. Machine got a new DK-170 because of obviously premature worn cleaning blade (all of these little critters are having the same problem). However, with the new drum unit are the prints clean but missing the real "umph". Question: Any calibrations or adjustments to do to improve the print quality?

There's that cute little trimmer hidden under the sticker at the right side of the drum unit. Can one play with it? I'm a Kyocera noob so thanks for your help.

Hans
    " Sent from my Intel 80286 using MS-DOS 2.0 "

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Ecosys M2530dn with new DK-170, where's the Umph?

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post
    Ecosys M2530dn with 53K on the clock. Machine got a new DK-170 because of obviously premature worn cleaning blade (all of these little critters are having the same problem). However, with the new drum unit are the prints clean but missing the real "umph". Question: Any calibrations or adjustments to do to improve the print quality?

There's that cute little trimmer hidden under the sticker at the right side of the drum unit. Can one play with it? I'm a Kyocera noob so thanks for your help.

Hans
    You mean darker/ sharper? You can adjust the image on the adjustments or maintenance nenu

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hansoon View Post

Hans
    No adjustment needed. Are you using OEM toner?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

These machines are just about the worst product Kyocera has produced IMO. The “solid” black on the test print will at best be about 75% as compared to say a FS-4100
    I have changed many dozens of drums, devs and fusers on these and am yet to see once do it’s life.
    I have a few machines in the field that are chewing out devs and drums in less than 10k due to the machine mysteriously idling in sleep mode.
    Sadly there is no fix. Just accept that they are what they are, a machine built to a price.

Designed in Japan, Built in China,

Tested in the USA

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    These machines are just about the worst product Kyocera has produced IMO. The “solid” black on the test print will at best be about 75% as compared to say a FS-4100
    I have changed many dozens of drums, devs and fusers on these and am yet to see once do it’s life.
    I have a few machines in the field that are chewing out devs and drums in less than 10k due to the machine mysteriously idling in sleep mode.
    Sadly there is no fix. Just accept that they are what they are, a machine built to a price.
    Are there any decent $500 to $750 black and white desktops that we can buy these days to sell or lease to our customers,

let me know what Brand / Model you like

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CCS View Post
    Are there any decent $500 to $750 black and white desktops that we can buy these days to sell or lease to our customers,

let me know what Brand / Model you like
    New or used? We have been using fs-3640 mfp and fs-4020dn with the extra cassettes very flexible (customers are printing medicine labels, rx, and even faxes)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk