Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Kyocera Taskalfa 3252ci background and error codes

Hey all

Having a strange problem with one of our machines, attached are samples.
    There is background on the prints, appears to be all colours and if you look carefully there is also some repetition which is 94mm apart.
    It is also throwing a few error codes that don't display but are being logged.

7200 - Broken Thermistor K
    7241 - Broken Thermistor Belt

7614, 7611, 7620 K and Y bias calibration read and Auto colour registration error (I thought these are just due to the terrible quality of print)

I have inherited this job from another tech, very possible it is tech induced.

Things that have been tried:
    Drums, Devs, Belt unit, main HVT.

None have made any difference and the fault appears to be getting worse the more pages that are printed.
    I have cleaned checked all the contacts between hvts and units and also all earths are clean and making contact.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this fault,
    Thanks guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

Re: Kyocera Taskalfa 3252ci background and error codes

Might sound stupid but this isn’t one of those cases where the customer has put the waste toner bottle in the black toner slot is it?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

are the waste exits of the drums or belt plugged? We have had a couple of pluggages of the waste conveying auger/chute near the waste bottle and a waste bottle not turning(deformed housing). They were all really noisy/grind-y.
    We have also had customers somehow re-reuse the black bottle/waste and contaminate the black dv.
    I'm seeing yellow as well as black background on there... is there any chance grounding is somehow lacking?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

This fault has been repaired, I don't know why all responses to the thread have vanished including the fix.
    Admins?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bush_tech View Post
    This fault has been repaired, I don't know why all responses to the thread have vanished including the fix.
    Admins?
    So don't keep us in suspense....How was the fault repaired?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    So don't keep us in suspense....How was the fault repaired?
    I was hoping the rest of this thread would magically appear just like it magically disappeared!

If you have this fault you'll notice drum counts haven't cleared and if you switch U100 DC Auto Adj to OFF the fault will vanish.
    The fix was new drums, but I had to switch the machine on with no drums and allow it to error before the drum counts would clear on the machine.
    The drums I fitted without doing this had the count of the previous drum written to them, and they were cactus... backgrounding and high count despite being brand new. So they've all gone back to Kyocera who seem to think this was all caused by fitting drums without switching the machine off.
    The techs involved when this machine was on the field deny this.

There was a response to this thread of another tech in america who's encountered this exact fault, so it's one to watch for.

Cheers

Technician

If that’s the case Kyocera need to get there finger out and update the firmware to resolve this issue because you shouldn’t really have to power off before changing a drum.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Hello, I need to make Maintenance call (A), I do not have service manual. What is needed to change (parts) for this MC (A) calling?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bush_tech View Post
    I was hoping the rest of this thread would magically appear just like it magically disappeared!

If you have this fault you'll notice drum counts haven't cleared and if you switch U100 DC Auto Adj to OFF the fault will vanish.
    The fix was new drums, but I had to switch the machine on with no drums and allow it to error before the drum counts would clear on the machine.
    The drums I fitted without doing this had the count of the previous drum written to them, and they were cactus... backgrounding and high count despite being brand new. So they've all gone back to Kyocera who seem to think this was all caused by fitting drums without switching the machine off.
    The techs involved when this machine was on the field deny this.

There was a response to this thread of another tech in america who's encountered this exact fault, so it's one to watch for.

Cheers

Thanks for this, was on my second dk. Setting the u100 DC to off cleared the backround straight away. Is it ok to leave this setting at off long term?

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lasersupplies View Post
    Thanks for this, was on my second dk. Setting the u100 DC to off cleared the backround straight away. Is it ok to leave this setting at off long term?
    3 year dead thread