Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

TaskAlpha 307ci email sender setting

How do i get the 307ci to use the sender as the email sender instead of the smtp email authentication email in the admin ?
    in other words when the client sends an email it looks like its coming from my smtp email, not the sender, is there a setting somewhere to change this?
    thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TaskAlpha 307ci email sender setting

Re: TaskAlpha 307ci email sender setting

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    How do i get the 307ci to use the sender as the email sender instead of the smtp email authentication email in the admin ?
    in other words when the client sends an email it looks like its coming from my smtp email, not the sender, is there a setting somewhere to change this?
    thanks
    If you do not have user authentication turned on and running against a LDAP server, I know of no way to have the machine use the individual users email address as the senders address as it has no way of knowing who is sending the email! If users do not have to log into the unit, it will use the info that was used to setup the smtp connection. We generally advise users to setup an email account for the unit, such as Scanned from 307ci@compnayname.com or use the fairly standard info@companyname.com if they do not use user authentication. Just remember that if you turn on user authentication either local or via the network, it will be required for all functions of the unit, most of our customers find it too cumbersome and opt for using the units email address.