Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Defective Technician 50+ Posts

CS-2551ci C7620 and Magenta streaks

Machine has 214,187 copies on it, 188,040 Color and 24,890 B&W. The MK-8325A was done at 203K. The problem they are having is streaks of magenta on most but not all of the prints/copies. I have previously replaced the Transfer Cleaning Pipe for this problem around 150K and that fixed it for a time but now it's back. What concerns me is all the C7620 codes and what is causing them. The codes have been happening for most of the life of the machine so it's not something that just started, and this machine worked flawlessly until the cleaning pipe/steak issue, that's the first time I noticed them on the Maintenance Report. I have not replaced the Magenta Developer unit yet, I want to get to the bottom of the C7620's first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ThanksCS 2551ci .pdf.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: CS-2551ci C7620 and Magenta streaks

the C7620 codes are symptomatic of toner being on the belt when none should be present. Any transfer cleaning issues will trigger C7620, but that code is never displayed to the user. Given the track record of this engine and toner-packing with humidity, C7620 basically means the machine is on-I don't even remember what it's like to have one of these not showing C76xx

Sometimes, if I don't have anywhere else to be in a hurry, I'll take the cleaning blades off the drums and vacuum out the augers. You'll likely find packed toner inside your magenta drum auger.

Re: CS-2551ci C7620 and Magenta streaks

I know they have updated the developer units for these machines because they caused issues that look suspiciously close to what you've shown in this picture. ive replaced many, some with with only 30k on them, i think on the updated devs ,the barcode on the label on the unit has green lines on it. if you look at either end of the mag roller you should see white spacers not black.