Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Ecosys M2040dn Twain Scan driver

Hi all
    Can anybody give me link to download M2040dn twain scanner driver.
    I have downloaded from three different sites and got installed properly. I do get Twain setup correctly & reconfigured giving NAME, MODEL & IP address.
    Application shows scanner in available list but when try to scan nothing happens for long & gives message connection error.

Machine is configured properly, it pings, prints, scan to folder works correctly, any browser shoes m/c internal site when IP is given.

I think driver is not correct so please can somebody send me proper driver link.
    Twain is needed to scan the documents in MS WORD.

Thanks & Regards

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Re: Ecosys M2040dn Twain Scan driver

Quote Originally Posted by AjitN View Post
    Hi all
    I have downloaded from three different sites and got installed properly. I do get Twain setup correctly & reconfigured giving NAME, MODEL & IP address.
    Application shows scanner in available list but when try to scan nothing happens for long & gives message connection error.
    Machine is configured properly, it pings, prints, scan to folder works correctly, any browser shoes m/c internal site when IP is given.
    I think driver is not correct so please can somebody send me proper driver link.
    Thanks & Regards
    google search 15sec

ECOSYS M2040dn Driver Download Center | ServiceWorld | KYOCERA Document Solutions

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I have the same problem with that model. Worked with Kyocera USA and they could not resolve the issue. Went directly from my laptop with no luck. Savin unit right next to it works with no problem. Firmware updated and the latest TWAIN driver installed. Ran some tests on a 3550 with no problems.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    I have the same problem with that model. Worked with Kyocera USA and they could not resolve the issue. Went directly from my laptop with no luck. Savin unit right next to it works with no problem. Firmware updated and the latest TWAIN driver installed. Ran some tests on a 3550 with no problems.
    Its a new machine installed.
    Does problem resolved with firmware update? Can you send me the link for updated TWAIN Driver?
    Thanks for responding

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Hi all

Thanks & Regards
    A TWAIN Scan requires a program [such as PaperPort] in the computer that utilizes TWAIN and will connect with the TWAIN Scanner. Thinking that setting up TWAIN to scan to a folder without a program such as paperport will not work. TWAIN scans are sent as an image and needs a program to interface with to convert the image to readable info that is displayed on the computer. To the best of my knowledge, Word does not have a TWAIN interface. If your customer has the full Office Suite, you could use Publisher to import the scan via twain and then covert it to a word doc.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Its a new machine installed.
    Does problem resolved with firmware update? Can you send me the link for updated TWAIN Driver?
    Thanks for responding

Yes, its a new installation. I will try the TWAIN driver from Phil B link and see if it resolves the issue. I am using a base TWAIN program for testing in addition to the customers program.

Firmware update did not help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    Yes, its a new installation. I will try the TWAIN driver from Phil B link and see if it resolves the issue. I am using a base TWAIN program for testing in addition to the customers program.

Firmware update did not help.
    Which TWAIN compatible program are you using? Did you go into that program and setup the TWAIN Scan to connect with the machine? Is it allowed through the firewall? I do not think you have a twain driver issue, but an issue where you have not setup the program to accept the twain scans properly. Remember that twain scans are initiated from the computer, not the machine.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

InfraView is the program that both myself and Kyocera used to test the Twain function on this unit. Any time I need to test twain functionality this program is the one that is recommended by the manufacture support personal be it Ricoh or Kyocera for testing purposes. With that said, I was able to test with this base program on similar models with a positive results.So far the only commonality for this problem is the Kyocera model M2040dn. I don't have any other 2040's to test with so if anyone has had positive results with Twain scanning with this model please chime in.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    A TWAIN Scan requires a program [such as PaperPort] in the computer that utilizes TWAIN and will connect with the TWAIN Scanner. Thinking that setting up TWAIN to scan to a folder without a program such as paperport will not work. TWAIN scans are sent as an image and needs a program to interface with to convert the image to readable info that is displayed on the computer. To the best of my knowledge, Word does not have a TWAIN interface. If your customer has the full Office Suite, you could use Publisher to import the scan via twain and then covert it to a word doc.
    Sir
    With and later windows 7 press & hold "Alt" button and type IPS, means "Insert Picture from Scanner" which will open a window listing all installed scanners in the system(Including network, Twain Scanners). So choose from list and scan in Word OR Excel as JPG image.

Hope this will help many users/technicians if they do not know some new built-in changes in Windows OS.

Regards

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Which TWAIN compatible program are you using? Did you go into that program and setup the TWAIN Scan to connect with the machine? Is it allowed through the firewall? I do not think you have a twain driver issue, but an issue where you have not setup the program to accept the twain scans properly. Remember that twain scans are initiated from the computer, not the machine.
    Sir
    I got some information.
    One document says we need to first store the document in custom folder and then pull via Twain driver.

Second says you install Twain driver and in "Twain driver setup you give name (Any), Model M2040dn, Machine IP address & also user login name and password of PC in "User Authentication Setting" and scan from Word OR Excel by pressing & holding 'Alt' + Typing I P S to open list of scanner installed in OS (windows 7 and after). You can go to Custom Scan to get scanner options & scan.

Personally I have tride both as I have to visit customer next week.
    If somebody tries and if it helps please let me know.

Thanks & best regards for support