Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1135 adf jams

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

1135 adf jams

I have one that intermittently will not feed and just makes a clicking sound. Replaced the clutch on the feed roller bur that did not resolve. Can't seem to catch or make it happen because every time I remove the back cover to see what the drive is doing it feeds without jamming. Any suggestions ?
    Anyone have one in their graveyard with a working ADF ?

Technician

Re: 1135 adf jams

I had the same issue with a 4551i in the end of the game the machine wasn't levelled and when I moved it to check the back it was leveled

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

What I have found, is that when it just clicks, that is the clutch activating. The motor is not turning. I would check the connector under the glass, maybe not pushed in all the way. Or the harness may be bad. Did someone take the glass off recently? That is normally when the connector gets pulled.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    1135 adf jams

Common problem, replace feed assembly, very easy to do. If you have another 1130/1035, take it out and put it in. Have had a few do that, feeds one next one it just clicks and clicks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    1135 adf jams

Quote Originally Posted by wild140 View Post
    I have one that intermittently will not feed and just makes a clicking sound. Replaced the clutch on the feed roller bur that did not resolve. Can't seem to catch or make it happen because every time I remove the back cover to see what the drive is doing it feeds without jamming. Any suggestions ?
    Anyone have one in their graveyard with a working ADF ?
    Most likely you have a bad wiring harness connecting the adf to the main board. Have had a number of these over the years. The problem is the wiring hold down restricts the wiring bundle from moving and when the user raises and lowers the adf frequently a wire breaks in the bundle. When replacing the wiring harness we do not re-install the hold down and it has resolved the issue for us.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    1135 adf jams

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    Most likely you have a bad wiring harness connecting the adf to the main board. Have had a number of these over the years. The problem is the wiring hold down restricts the wiring bundle from moving and when the user raises and lowers the adf frequently a wire breaks in the bundle. When replacing the wiring harness we do not re-install the hold down and it has resolved the issue for us.
    I have seen the wire harness,also, another thing that I have found , is to put a drop of oil on the white ratchet gear shaft, that engages, and turns the doc feed roller...good luck !