Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Kyocera TA-8001i

Having long term issues on the above machine causing jams j1504 from the LCT tray 3&4. replaced all clutches, motors, feed wheels and sensors. It sounds when feeding from tray4 like its catching the paper somewhere but no damage to the paper and no obvious nicks etc. Has anyone had anything similar that could give me a clue?

Thanks in advance

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera TA-8001i

Inspect if the paper deck feed section (Paper deck feed section 3 in parts list) is updated in your case. If there's a solenoid in there that means its the older version. With that older version the black plastic housing in front of that solenoid can break in which case this solenoid can't lift the feed properly. That's number 34 in parts list. Also check the holder pickup (number 41 in pl), since it can also break so that middle shaft moves out of its place. There is also updated primary feed unit for Cassette 3, but J1504 are Cassette 4 jams.

Post the event log from this machine if you can.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Which clutches did you replace and how how many clicks on the copier?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Most common feed issue I see is the middle pressure roller shaft wearing a groove in the holder making it run crooked. This sends the paper crooked out of the tray. Also finding no pressure on the outer four white rollers regularly.
    The middle roller issue has been resolved in later units by the addition of clips on the shaft seen here. I usually put a dab of grease on the old style units