Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Taskalpha 5551ci j6000,6001 codes

We have a 5551 ci with the df-790 finisher that keeps getting J6000 ,J6001 jams. Of course it never does it when we go there. We have checked all of the sencors and they all check ok .

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

Re: Taskalpha 5551ci j6000,6001 codes

wow the 2 codes are for 2 different finishers. anyway I would try another fuser 1st.,and id that don't fix it replace the exit assm.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcook View Post
    We have a 5551 ci with the df-790 finisher that keeps getting J6000 ,J6001 jams. Of course it never does it when we go there. We have checked all of the sencors and they all check ok .
    You do not indicate if it occurs with a certain paper size or from a particular drawer? The code indicates that the machine is seeing the paper arrive at the finisher before it exited from the machine. Have you asked the customer what they are doing when the jam code occurs? Had one quite awhile back on anther model, where someone [of course they did not touch anything] had set the MPT to metric while the rest of the machine was set for inch. Created some weird jam codes whenever they used the MPT which they never ever used! When the jam code appears are they copying or printing? You could have a similar situation with one user that has selected metric size in their print driver. It is obvious that the machine is looking for the timing on one paper size and detecting the sensors for a different size. Hope this helps a little.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Santander View Post
    You do not indicate if it occurs with a certain paper size or from a particular drawer? The code indicates that the machine is seeing the paper arrive at the finisher before it exited from the machine. Have you asked the customer what they are doing when the jam code occurs? Had one quite awhile back on anther model, where someone [of course they did not touch anything] had set the MPT to metric while the rest of the machine was set for inch. Created some weird jam codes whenever they used the MPT which they never ever used! When the jam code appears are they copying or printing? You could have a similar situation with one user that has selected metric size in their print driver. It is obvious that the machine is looking for the timing on one paper size and detecting the sensors for a different size. Hope this helps a little.
    Kyoceras typically don't mind endusers running inch size paper right alongside metric paper sizes. I have a couple of machines that stock both A4 and LTR, A3 and LDG, so the driver can auto paper size select for both/each. Were you to go back to the Mita days, then yes, the inch/metric setting was buried in a service mode, and you could not run inch paper sizes alongside metric. And in those days custom paper sizes were unheard of, so if it wasn't a standard size you printed it on an oversized standard sized paper and cut to size.

Current full size models (not tabletop) can select more sizes than you can name in ANSI, ISO, JIS, and Custom paper sizes, individually to each tray.

Now if it was mis-programmed ... A3 in an Auto (inch) tray (reading LDG on the screen), there you might have something. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Santander mentioned the jam code was paper arriving at the finisher before it exits the machine. I have seen this issue before but don't remember the exact jam code.

On mine the low voltage power supply (LVPS) had been changed shortly before the issue appeared. The small 2 pin connector on the LVPS had been overlooked. This connector is the signal for the machine to exit sleep mode. The machine was OK for walk up copying because the user had to wake the machine first. If they sent a print job the copier would jam on the first sheet because the machine didn't get the signal to exit sleep mode.

Set the energy save and sleep mode for 1 minute and let the machine go into sleep mode. If the jam happens when printing from sleep mode (not copying) then check the small 2 pin connector at the top of the low voltage power supply.

Technician

sorry the other error is 6110

sorry the other error is 6110
    If you are getting a 6110 code, look at the gear that drives the intake rollers to the finisher. We have had a few of these finishers that have had a cracked gear that will randomly slip creating a jam code. Even if the finisher operates normally, if the gear is cracked it will create a faint thumping sound [best way I can describe it] when the finisher is running. Usually the crack is so small that it is hard to detect unless you remove the gear from the shaft and stress it manually.

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Santander mentioned the jam code was paper arriving at the finisher before it exits the machine. I have seen this issue before but don't remember the exact jam code.

On mine the low voltage power supply (LVPS) had been changed shortly before the issue appeared. The small 2 pin connector on the LVPS had been overlooked. This connector is the signal for the machine to exit sleep mode. The machine was OK for walk up copying because the user had to wake the machine first. If they sent a print job the copier would jam on the first sheet because the machine didn't get the signal to exit sleep mode.

Set the energy save and sleep mode for 1 minute and let the machine go into sleep mode. If the jam happens when printing from sleep mode (not copying) then check the small 2 pin connector at the top of the low voltage power supply.
    I can't believe I found this information... You saved me so much time and aggravation I never would have figured this out... I had a Kyocera 5501i with a bad power supply so I replaced it and fired it up and everything seemed to be working fine... Then every couple of days I would get a jam 6000 on it and couldn't figure out what was going on... After about the third time I googled it and found your post and bingo, the light bulb in my mind turned right on... lol... I went to the machine and low and behold that tiny 2 pin connector on the power supply was tucked behind the board... I've been a tech for 40 years and see a lot of s**t, but rarely have I ever found an answer to a problem so obscure on my first search... Great work darry1322 and thanks for making my day!!!