Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Copystar (Kyocera) CS 3035  Say "processing" when in print mode

Copystar (Kyocera) CS 3035 Say "processing" when in print mode

This copier is not being able to print to at all. Say "processing" and the light is staying on on the print button. I disconnected the LAN cable. with the machine off, turned it back on and the print light doesn't come on... The IT guy swears that there is no data going to it and assures me that he did everything on his end... I also did a u20 memory clear and screwed it up worse. Now the paper tray settings are off and the fax won't work. Any help would be very appreciated !!!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Copystar (Kyocera) CS 3035 Say "processing" when in print mode

Oh yeah! This sounds like those lovely fax unit ribbon cables. Let's see if I can find the details:

Can't access service mode. Can't download fax firmware. Can't access Fax Defaults in the System Menu (only the double beep). Can't access Fax Reports tab in the Fax screen (button grayed out). "Cover Open" indication when no covers are open. "Please Wait. Cannot be combined." when attempting to fax out. Ribbon cable from the fax control PWB to the main control PWB is damaged by removing the cable without releasing the clasp. Trim off the damaged end, or replace the ribbon cable (3CM27010).

Oh, and doing an all memory clear was a really bad idea. For starters you'l need to set the destination to Copystar so it will recognize the Copystar RFID tags. Then when you get it running you can do all the electrical adjustments in the manual.

Bad idea. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Oh yeah! This sounds like those lovely fax unit ribbon cables. Let's see if I can find the details:

Can't access service mode. Can't download fax firmware. Can't access Fax Defaults in the System Menu (only the double beep). Can't access Fax Reports tab in the Fax screen (button grayed out). "Cover Open" indication when no covers are open. "Please Wait. Cannot be combined." when attempting to fax out. Ribbon cable from the fax control PWB to the main control PWB is damaged by removing the cable without releasing the clasp. Trim off the damaged end, or replace the ribbon cable (3CM27010).

Oh, and doing an all memory clear was a really bad idea. For starters you'l need to set the destination to Copystar so it will recognize the Copystar RFID tags. Then when you get it running you can do all the electrical adjustments in the manual.

Bad idea. =^..^=
    I figured I was in trouble after I did it. The bad thing is I know better... lol Getting to know the manual very well now...

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Bad idea. =^..^=
    TOTALLY A -=BAD=- idea.. RARELY use "ALL Clear" on ANY unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts justanotherhack's Avatar

Upshot is, IT guy is wrong, something is trying to send something to that IP. Newer machines have a Data Capture simulation that can catch the bad print job and get rid of it, but I don't think that's available on that old unit. The only out is to give it a new IP address. Or sell a newer machine. Good luck.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Bad idea. =^..^=
    Are you sure you read his post? There's just something hitting that ip address, it works without network cable.

If IT can't figure it out, just change the ip address to some other available #

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JR2ALTA View Post
    Are you sure you read his post? There's just something hitting that ip address, it works without network cable.

I'm not sure I recall this correct, but just a shot you can try..I believe I have to replace the control panel, I remember thinking it was odd, but I do recall that being the end fix. Has been a long time now, but that comes to mind, and if you another control panel to try..maybe..?
    Good Luck,Mate..
    Jaime
    I.C.S.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I misread the post. I though it said that you still were getting a data light with the cable disconnected.

Don't let these IT dweebs bully you. Just because they have an IT job doesn't mean that that know more than you do. I find it entertaining to have to explain some of these things to the folks that should already know them.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

If they allow you, go to one of their computers connected to the copier, and check their print jobs, one must be sending corrupt data.
    As for the rest, do sim u252 set destination to US/inch. Then continue setting up the copier.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

On many occasions we have proved IT wrong . MANY TIMES.