Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    kyocera m6535cidn cassette 1 lift gear replacement

Hi all

Does anyone have instructions how to replace the cassette 1 lift gear on a kyocera m6535cidn?

Thanks

Technician

Re: kyocera m6535cidn cassette 1 lift gear replacement

All I can say is that at our dealership we have been instructed not to attempt replacement. One of our techs a while back attempted this repair and after 8 hours and gutting the machine to the frame he called up tech support and was told that the gear was not designed to be replaced! Right now we are trying to send back to Kyocera about three of these units with broken lift gears. We are replacing the customer units with new ones or new ones of a different brand. Probably not what you wanted to hear.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: kyocera m6535cidn cassette 1 lift gear replacement

I know that this is not the way to replace that gear....but, this is the way one tech that I know does it, he has done it successfully on the m6526cdn's and the m6535cidn's ... and it works, but takes precision... so I only recommend it if all other options fail. He removes the side cover and basically dremels out the plastic from the casing where the lift gear is located in a circle, removes the plastic, takes out the gear, replaces the gear, puts the plastic that he dremeled off, back in place, then replaces the cover and its good to go. I swore I would never try it... but was at that place where the entire box was ripped to the bare bones, and said what the hell, I did it, and it works great. I replaced a broken lift gear over a year ago and it still works great with no issues.
    I know some techs may grumble and moan about this way of doing it, but it works and takes about an hour to do, at your office of course, and, if the client snaps the lift gear again... it is only a 30 min fix. Like I said it is a last resort option but once successfully done, it works.