Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fs 6525

fs 6525

light streaks on doctor blade. I have cleaned doctor blade but keeps conming back. Can I get this apart and purge it or should I just replace the unit? thanks Ray

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    fs 6525

Re: fs 6525

Quote Originally Posted by Raymann View Post
    light streaks on doctor blade. I have cleaned doctor blade but keeps conming back. Can I get this apart and purge it or should I just replace the unit? thanks Ray
    you have clumped toner in the dev unit... not sure if those are rebuildable or just replace.

tell customer they have to shake the new toner before replacing it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    fs 6525

I suppose that's going to depend on how many of these obstructions you have and how large they are. I had a Toshiba Loire X the other day with developer rocks up to 3.5mm. But the problem was not the 3.5mm rocks, it was the 1.5mm rocks that would wedge into the doctor blade, occasionally slowing or stalling the developer drive, and creating jitter crossfeed.

When it's just one or two clumps I'll try to fish them out with the patented heavy mylar hook. Simply slip it in under the doctor blade and drag across the affected area, then rotate the developer drive while pulling out the hook. The rock comes with, and you can usually remove it. It requires no disassembly.

I doubt that you'd be successful with disassembly anyway. Every effort at disassembling Kyocera developing units has resulted in a pile of unreassembleable parts. In each case I've had to replace the unit.

Back to the Loire X, these rocks were extremely destructive. The mag roller was badly scored, and will probably have to be replaced eventually. I was in one of those persistent moods and had sorted through most of the developer, gathering nearly a teaspoonful of these rocks. I'm still at a loss as to how they got there. Even then when I poured it back in there were still (5) light areas, at which point I gave up and changed out the developer. I was still finding rocks after a very thorough vacuuming.

Maybe a bad batch of developer? Maybe it got overheated in somebody's car and there were composite rocks of toner and developer fused together? Or maybe it was the supplemental developer in the toner, but I don't think the last one. It has not re-occurred, and it would have. And it's definitely ferrite (or has ferrite) since I could use a magnet to make the particles stand on end for examination purposes. =^..^=

Mylar Doctor Blade Cleaner.JPG
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Replace developer unit and hope they are not using generic toner, which will cause that same issue.

Ok I have a new dv unut. The manual does not give me any clue. When I replace it do I need to run a toner add sim or just run it to fill the dv unit? Thanks Ray

Just replace it they set up automatically

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    fs 6525

Most Kyoceras now (including this one) are dual component developing and come with developer right in them. When you turn the machine ON after changing the unit, it will recognize the new EEPROM and stir automatically. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    fs 6525

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Most Kyoceras now (including this one) are dual component developing and come with developer right in them. When you turn the machine ON after changing the unit, it will recognize the new EEPROM and stir automatically. =^..^=
    This machine is not dual component. No developer in this one. Clean out developer unit of all toner, clean doctor blade. Toner will either load automatically, because it will detect that it is low on toner or you will have to manually add toner by
    1. open and close front door, many times
    2.run blank copies or
    3. add toner outside of machine.
    You can of course replace the developer unit and it will add toner automatically(takes about 10 minutes).

Note: I have used nothing but compatible toners for this model and have had toner problems only once(customer stored toner in attic where it was very hot and clumped up the toner) I had to clean it out and start with a clean unit again. Just sayin.

Yes it is a mono developer thanks for mentioning that. I have installed a new dv unit but it did not automatically add toner. Was opening door turning off and on........now what am I missing.........?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I haven't worked on a kyocera in a while, but I thought there was something in service mode that you had to run to fill the dv unit. It takes like 5-10 minutes