Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

7551ci C7301 after cleaning out waste toner chute

Venting....
    On a service call for grinding gears on 7551ci. Okay, I locate the gear, the one that drives the toner waste in the right door and yes. It was clogged. Noticed upon arrival that toner waste door was ajar and so was service door...service door needs to be replaced as the screw holes have broken off. Noticed waste toner on the floor in front of the copier....weird?
    Take out the Imaging processing section. Cleaned out the toner waste tunnel, cleaned out the chute to the toner waste bottle, made sure the gears moved without clicking and put back together. Emptied toner waste bottle and put back into the machine...turned it on, no more grinding noise. Yay! Wait, beep, beep, beep, C7301...AHHHHH!!!

I looked up the code on my trusty phone and see that it is K Toner Hopper Motor Error...okay. I thought to myself, the toner hopper motor is in the front of the machine...Took out the imaging processing thingy and took it apart. Cleaned it out again, all of the toner this time, waste and toner going to the dv units. Put it back together, still same code. Get on the phone with boss, have him look it up. Told me to look to the back of the machine where the toner hopper motor is located. WHAT?! WAIT! How is that??? I know that the toner motor is in the front, back of the machine. I ran sim and thats where it was making noise. I looked to see where else the toner hopper motor could be in the manual and it says its in front of the drum and dv motors. I take apart the back of the machine, check the motors...all is fine. But still not getting anywhere with this damn code. (At this time, I'm cussing because of the confusion and frustration. At a church!)

While in sim, I ran all the motors that where not the toner hopper motor. Ran the toner bottle motor, that works great. But when I hit the toner hopper motor, nothing. Finally, I managed to get the machine to see that it was missing the toner waste container. I put it back in and the motors worked!!! The 7301 did not come back. SWEET!! I put it all back together and wam! 7301 AGAIN! Took out the toner waste container. Put it back in, it worked! bash head on wall! The 7301 Toner hopper error is because the toner waste tube was clogged with toner because the toner waste bottle was not correctly installed into the machine.

Now the question...

Has ANYONE seen this type of error before and why does Kyocera have it in the service manual that the toner hopper motor is in the back of the machine instead of the image processing thingy??

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    7551ci C7301 after cleaning out waste toner chute

Re: 7551ci C7301 after cleaning out waste toner chute

Wow!

No I haven't seen this, but I'll be interested in the answers.

The closest that I've got, is a bad piezo sensor on a KM-3501i causing "Toner Add" conditions. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

So I took a look at the SM and I have to say I think it's wrong. It says the dev motors are in the front and the toner hopper motors are in the rear. While I have never actually had hands on the 65/75 ppm color boxes, this definitely seems contrary to logic.

That is totally correct! When I was out in the field, I'm looking at the manual and it was very confusing as to where the motors were located. I showed it to my boss this morning and he finally agreed with me that the manual is incorrect. So, now I have a SC 7302 coming up after the EU changed out the Cyan toner cartridge...its starting to look like the toner needs to be shaken up. I'm glad that my problem has helped everyone else out there in case this happens again....