Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

Kyocera pop3 5550ci

Ok yes I have a customer that wants pop3 setup on the copier so it will print out the emails. I have it setup and when I test the user it says ok but when I try to test the receive it says transmit /receive error 0x0x16. Not sure what its trying to tell me. Also will the printer just print out the email or do I have to setup something else for it to print out like a forwarding or something. Thanks for any help.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera pop3 5550ci

Re: Kyocera pop3 5550ci

Quote Originally Posted by masterchill View Post
    Ok yes I have a customer that wants pop3 setup on the copier so it will print out the emails. I have it setup and when I test the user it says ok but when I try to test the receive it says transmit /receive error 0x0x16. Not sure what its trying to tell me. Also will the printer just print out the email or do I have to setup something else for it to print out like a forwarding or something. Thanks for any help.
    Did you setup a specific email account for the machine? Using an existing user [such as janedoe@xxx.com] who receives emails will not work. We have several units setup to print out emails sent to a specific email account that has a machine username and password and have not had a problem. Typically, it is purchaseorders@xxx.com or equivalent. When you test the receive email to print does it have an attachment along with it? Do you have the setup to print the email and attachments? We have found that some purchasing order systems that create a PDF file to send via email are using older versions of PDF that are not compatible with the current F/W version in the machine. Hope this helps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts masterchill's Avatar

It does not have a specific email setup just for it. I do not know what you mean by do I have the setup to print email attachments. Maybe that is what I am missing. I am not sure what needs to be setup to make it print from the copier. All I have setup is the pop3 settings but could not figure out what else would need to be turned on.Could you explain that a little more?

Update: I tried it on a 4551ci and got it to work. It seems the remote print option needs to be turned on . Found that nice and easy on the 4551 but could not figure that out on the 4550 series.
    Last edited by masterchill; 08-24-2018 at 08:55 PM.

Technician

Honestly I hate this method with pop printing, I can see the benefit but it will cause more trouble in the long run. If it gets a bunch of orders all at the same time it usually delays marking the email as read and then just prints it again. Sometimes you end up with several copied of the same document, and if they're pictures of a large size they may print across multiple pages.

I had to suggest to a client to use Sperry Auto Print or Print Tools Plugin for Outlook, Paid but cheap and free trials are available, Much better in the end and very easy to setup, marks the emails read and even categorises them so you know it has been printed, even centers and resizes pictures.

Just my 2 cents.

If the machine is on click rate service charging, you could email it print jobs all day long