Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera/copystar developer question please.

ok i have now seen this on 5 machines 2 cs 2551ci's and 3 cs 406ci's.smudges.jpg this seems to happen with varying degrees or multiple places on the page. all of these machines the company I work for has sold and maintained from new, and all with oem supplies. the first 2551 was the odd ball and replacing the belt solved the issue. on the second one. figured same problem replace belt. didnt fix. replaced drum....nope. .. replace developer. nice and clean.
    on the 406's 1 vacuuming the developer solves issue for several months. on the others same thing. any ideas on what could be causing the developers to cause this? luckily all machines are under warranty from Kyocera. but still.....
    thanks for any comments or requests for more info.
    Andy

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Kyocera/copystar developer question please.

I see the black toner drops on the page, this is a similar issue that occurs on the M6526cdn series. There is not much you can do, because it will continue after a few months, regardless if you install new units or just vacuum them out. I am constantly sent out to clean these units for toner smudges and just clean and vacuum the offending developer unit. I feel it has something to do with the toner/ developer mixture because if you use generic toner it is waaay worse. I swear the only boxes that I always need a vacuum for toner dust build up everywhere is Kyocera/Copystar. Try doing a 600k maintenance on the Alfard I & II series without a vacuum. Thankfully our company stays away from the their color units, since the Alfard color series... which were total garbage.
    Last edited by copiertec; 09-06-2018 at 11:32 PM.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

They are separate issues. Do all the updates on the 2551ci's regarding the DV units & transfer belt waste auger system.
    The 406ci, I just replaced a DV unit yesterday for that. It was actually about 70k from the maint cycle, but I did notice the DV unit I ordered had a 4 at the end, I believe. That means it's the fourth revision.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

thanks for the info guys. will check into the updates for the 2551's I presume there are bullitens on the support site?
    thanks again