Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Kyocera 306ci What is the difference between a Firmware pack and Firmware turbo pack

Kyocera 306ci What is the difference between a Firmware pack and Firmware turbo pack

Trying to locate the correct firmware I need for this machine.... Figured using the higher version number and the latest date created. But what is the difference between a turbo pack and just firmware... Sorry for what is a probably a stupid question... Thanks so much !!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Re: Kyocera 306ci What is the difference between a Firmware pack and Firmware turbo p

Doug,
    Absolutely none in except that Turbo has an extra file that causes the firmware to skip if it does not need updating. For instance, if you were to update the machine with the current firmware pack, and the re-flash it with the Turbo, it would look at the firmware versions that were loaded on each device and should skip them. The non-Turbo version will overwrite the firmware regardless of what version it is currently at. Most prefer to use the non-Turbo version to force the over-write.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

Re: Kyocera 306ci What is the difference between a Firmware pack and Firmware turbo p

it has been my opinion to use the full version instead of the turbo. you rewrite the whole version and not have any problems this way

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Trying to locate the correct firmware I need for this machine.... Figured using the higher version number and the latest date created. But what is the difference between a turbo pack and just firmware... Sorry for what is a probably a stupid question... Thanks so much !!!
    Good question! I always prefer the non turbo version as it rewrites everything as opposed to the turbo version which only rewrites the items that need updating. I started to use the full version back on the Alphard series because there was a bug in one of the turbo versions and I believe Kyocera had to come out with a new version to fix it as it caused other issues.

Thanks so much !! You guys are GREAT !!! Thanks again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    We never use the turbo pack for an update as it will skip updating files with the same version number or date. If one of these files is corrupted you still have the same problem as the turbo pack skips the corrupted file. Using the full firmware update may take a little longer, but you are assured of having all the new files installed and replacing any corrupted files that have the same version number. Saves a lot of frustration.

The most important this is, do not put the turbo version on after you replace a hd. you will have a message at the bottom of the screen that says that the ocr dictionary is not installed.