Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

CS3050ci scan issue

Hi guys, have customer that has one person in the address book that when he scans to email my boss also gets a copy of that email. have looked at the send/forward setting and it is turned off as well as forwarding rules. it is only 1 person that this happens from.. we tried deleting him from the address book and reinstalling him and it did not help any other places in the web page or the system menu to look?

thanks in advance

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CS3050ci scan issue

Re: CS3050ci scan issue

A few more details about the relationship between you, your boss, the customer, and the smtp server might be helpful.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CS3050ci scan issue

Where is your bosses email programmed into the MFP? If he is not, I would suspect this situation:

Some offices do not allow emailing attachments outside their domain to avoid anonymous emailing. To get the machines notification emails to the appropriate email destination outside the domain, it is common practice to send the machine notification emails to a specific keyop within the domain. That keyop sets up a forwarding rule in his/her email to forward any emails from scanner@copytechnet.com on to the notification email account (quite possibly your boss).

Since scans to email are also from scanner@copytechnet.com the scans are also getting forwarded. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CS3050ci scan issue

Quote Originally Posted by itchyfinger@att.net View Post
    Hi guys, have customer that has one person in the address book that when he scans to email my boss also gets a copy of that email. have looked at the send/forward setting and it is turned off as well as forwarding rules. it is only 1 person that this happens from.. we tried deleting him from the address book and reinstalling him and it did not help any other places in the web page or the system menu to look?

thanks in advance
    Are you scanning to email via an internal or external email server? Did you or IT check the quota limit on the email account of the user? If other scan to email users are not having a problem doing the same scan to email function then I would suspect that the affected user does not have sufficient attachment quota for the email as assigned in the email server. Either way you are looking at an email setup problem and not a problem with the machine. BTW, does "My Boss" have this user blocked from receiving emails from this user? Your description of my boss gets a copy of that email does not state if the primary recipient gets the email with the attachment, do they? Makes a big difference in what we are troubleshooting here>

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts itchyfinger@att.net's Avatar

went out there today and reflashed the firmware. checked all the settings in the machine for forwarding and they are turned off. had customers it guy check their outgoing email setting and forwarding is turned off for the person that is having the issue. did find out that they are using office 365 as email external server. also found out that when this started, we had changed from using outlook and go daddy to office 365. they have about 125 email address in the machine and only 1 persons email is forwarding to me boss. we have deleted him and reentered him and have same results. thinking might be a office 365 problem.