Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    TA 3500 Light copies Changed Drum Dev Chrge & toner.. OK for 3 weeks Then light

I installed this used machine about a month and a half ago. Was running great. Then about 2 weeks the machine started printing light copies. I changed the Drum, Dev Housing Charge roller and gave them new toner then the machine was back to running great... Now we are back to light copies. I cannot find the Economy toner button thinking this would explain it. Assume it doesn't have it... Any help would be very appreciated...

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: TA 3500 Light copies Changed Drum Dev Chrge & toner.. OK for 3 weeks Then light

How about a sample?:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Re: TA 3500 Light copies Changed Drum Dev Chrge & toner.. OK for 3 weeks Then light

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    How about a sample?:
    I just got the "call back" this evening. Going there in the morning and I will post a pic. Thanks so much !!

Here are some sample pics as to what the machine is doing. The ANSI Test patterns were printed from a flash drive...
    Attached Images Attached Images

hmmm. Nice and even ... just overall too light. Generic toner? What does the latent developed image on the drum look like? =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    hmmm. Nice and even ... just overall too light. Generic toner? What does the latent developed image on the drum look like? =^..^=
    It's Generic toner but I use it on other machines and don't have a problem. Currently the latent image is light also. When I change the developer housing it will fix the problem temporarily then come back in a couple of weeks. The customer said they ran 2000 copies when it started this.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    It's Generic toner but I use it on other machines and don't have a problem. Currently the latent image is light also. When I change the developer housing it will fix the problem temporarily then come back in a couple of weeks. The customer said they ran 2000 copies when it started this.
    Almost sounds like a toner density calibration issue. We only use OEM's in all of our Kyocera boxes because of such issues, I would start there. When you say you have changed the developer housing, do you mean you have installed a new developing unit? If not, I would also start with a new developing unit with OEM toner and see if the problem still occurs. Also, you could use U002 to reset any setting that may not be to factory specs, as well.

It's the toner. And it will probably tone back up without changing the developing unit if your customer is patient. Just run a crapload of 70% black images once you get OEM in there. =^..^=

Really appreciate you guys's feed back. I'm with ya'll... It's gotta be that. The generic toner just can't handle the big runs of 2-3000 copies. I will put the OEM toner and new dev unit in it and let you know... Sure do appreciate the response...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Doug James View Post
    Really appreciate you guys's feed back. I'm with ya'll... It's gotta be that. The generic toner just can't handle the big runs of 2-3000 copies. I will put the OEM toner and new dev unit in it and let you know... Sure do appreciate the response...
    Like Blackcat has mentioned, you could either run a bunch of skyshots at 70%, deplete the generic toner, then install the OEM toner, or replace the developing unit entirely. If you do replace the dev. unit, make sure you run the proper sims for setup, they usually come with the developing unit.