Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Suggestions for transporting a Kyocera KM-2560 MFP?

No.... It is not going to salvage just yet.

Besides taping down the document feeder, doors, removing paper from the drawers, covering it with moving pads and securing it to the inside of the transportation etc.

Should I place a piece of thin sponge between the platen glass and document feeder surface?

Is there a scanner locking mechanism?

Should anything else be secured?

It will be traveling by truck approximately 36 miles.

Thank You
    Don Resor
    Los Angeles
    Last edited by monarke4; 10-11-2018 at 08:48 AM. Reason: update tags

Re: Suggestions for transporting a Kyocera KM-2560 MFP?

For a that short a distance no. Our machines are just wrapped in packing plastic only before shipping out to installation.

Damage generally occurs when its not secured within the truck.

Don't over tighten the tie down straps ,

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Schneider, Thanks for the information.

I found a copy of the service manual, particularly the installation section. The scanner pins, I probably should not overlook which appear to be partially threaded screws, and bottom out into the scanner assembly. The paper tray lift plate stoppers (that is if they weren't discarded) are another consideration I think.

I may be over thinking but it would be a terrible tragedy of the scanner mechanism was damaged and I had to search for a replacement..

If it's easy enough, I probably should take the document feeder off and wrap it separately.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post
    Schneider, Thanks for the information.

I found a copy of the service manual, particularly the installation section. The scanner pins, I probably should not overlook which appear to be partially threaded screws, and bottom out into the scanner assembly. The paper tray lift plate stoppers (that is if they weren't discarded) are another consideration I think.

I may be over thinking but it would be a terrible tragedy of the scanner mechanism was damaged and I had to search for a replacement..

If it's easy enough, I probably should take the document feeder off and wrap it separately.
    Just try to keep the machine level at all times, could be super safe and remove toner, developer and drum. Good Luck !

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

For a 30 mile drive on relatively well maintained roads I would remove paper from the drawers, wrap it in plastic to keep everything closed and strap it to the sidewall of your delivery truck. no need to remove or lock any internal components, toners, drums or others.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

We rarely secure anything (scanner, ADF, drawers, etc.) when transporting, and has never been a problem. Drape a good moving blanket over the machine, and ratchet to the wall! The most common problems we have are from the in-experienced delivery guys/kids bending finisher guides, cracking covers, DROPPING NEW MACHINES !! Now when we get new people on the delivery crew, we have a little Pow-Wow on how to move, load, and handle the machines properly.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    We rarely secure anything (scanner, ADF, drawers, etc.) when transporting, and has never been a problem. Drape a good moving blanket over the machine, and ratchet to the wall! The most common problems we have are from the in-experienced delivery guys/kids bending finisher guides, cracking covers, DROPPING NEW MACHINES !! Now when we get new people on the delivery crew, we have a little Pow-Wow on how to move, load, and handle the machines properly.
    A few times a year we rip a caster or two off the bottom of a machine going over a door threshold that looked flatter than it actually was, but internal damage from vibrations and other is just about non-existent.