Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Kyocera KM-2560 acceptable # of scan/prints for it's age before retirement

Re: Kyocera KM-2560 acceptable # of scan/prints for it's age before retirement

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've seen Stratos hit 1M and more. I don't think that you mentioned a count.

Yes you'll have difficulty scanning to email or SMB, but FTP still works quite nicely with the little utility.

Keep in mind that at low volume you won't get rated life from the ASi drums. Also lower your sleep timer to 5 minutes or less. It only takes a minute or two to fire up, and the fuser lasts much longer.

The document feeders aren't very good. I hope you weren't going to do huge amounts of scanning.
    =^..^=
    I do not scan to email, or IP fax. I have a Ricoh 5510L which I use for send/receive of facsimiles which I bought off a lease many years ago.

I will be looking at the machine this Saturday. I'll print out the Account Report and then ask the appropriate questions.

No high-volume document feeder coping/scanning at all. I don't expect the machine to "fly" like a 2nd and a 1/2 Generation technology Xerox 8200.

Yes I will re-adjust the sleep timer, for those times when I forget to put it back into standby.

Before the Xerox 5334 I had a Xerox 1020 (not XC1020). The smallest Marathon Copier model, it only copied, no reduce or enlarge.

The person whom owned it before me had cancer surgery several times. Then I read that the "Dry Ink" used in the 1020 was considered a carcinogen. That and one of the rollers turned to goo, it was time for it to go.

Prior to that a Xerox 3100LDC. Very simple to maintain. So easy to operate, my mother could do it, even to raise the clam shell to remove an occasional jam and slide the main switch on/off. It was big, heavy, and a fire hazard waiting to happen.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post
    Well that may be so, but the drivers and other software items are available for up to Win10.
    Correction software up to Win8. I believe the current driver will operate with Win10.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

I saw the machine today (Saturday).

The covers are a little dirty/dingy, seems to only be dirt which can be easily cleaned off. Internally the machine is quite clean. I did not see any spilled toner behind the Toner Cartridge/Developer/Photo Receptor access area.

I printed a copy using my Katun Monochrome Test pattern. All lines are straight, no bending or blank areas. With the exception of the Black Square blocks. A slight amount of graininess/lines, but only noticeable when you scrutinize it wearing reader glasses. The machine operates quietly, with no squeaks or groans. I did see one small spot of toner dropped on the copy but that was all.

The machine has 311,000 prints on it. I asked if a maintenance kit had been done at 300K, and he did not know. He explained that his tech assured him that the photo receptor was in great shape. He doesn't do the service himself. Someone does the service for him. He has several other machines and parts from various brands in his garage.

The seller is sightless. His teenage daughter led him around. She answered most of the questions I had to ask, and showed me anything I wanted to see.

I have seen MFPs of the same make and model which are are either used or supposedly "refurbished". With print counts of at least 400K on the meter and asking prices of three times as much.

Though some may feel $200 is out of this world, I think its fair.

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It's very reasonable. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I've seen Stratos hit 1M and more. I don't think that you mentioned a count.

Yes you'll have difficulty scanning to email or SMB, but FTP still works quite nicely with the little utility.

Keep in mind that at low volume you won't get rated life from the ASi drums. Also lower your sleep timer to 5 minutes or less. It only takes a minute or two to fire up, and the fuser lasts much longer.

The document feeders aren't very good. I hope you weren't going to do huge amounts of scanning.
    =^..^=
    Great machine as long as you don't need to scan more then a one page document haha

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darry1322 View Post
    Don't forget the operation hours on things like boards, panel, and HDD. Those things are page count independent. As long as the machine is powered on they are aging.
    I noted the accumulation of sticky dust which adheres (piles on) to the main board which the Controller Box Fan created.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

=^..^=
    I'm curious about the document feeder not being very good. Is it a design flaw, expected low volume usage, the fact that it is relatively small and using duplex mode involves tight turns of the paper?

I take it then that the document feeder has improved in later models?

Thanks

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

I'm curious about the document feeder not being very good. Is it a design flaw ... ?
    There are a couple issues with that ADF:

The separation pad and various mylars have been modified for multiple feeding. It helped a little. (J71, J74, J78)
    The DP-670 is designed for 75 originals or 30 mixed originals. Any more than that and you'll get multiple feeds.
    The torque limiter that raises and lowers the pickup roller, breaks giving J71 jams.

It's a light duty document feeder, modified only slightly from it's predecessor DP-410. And yes, it has some tight "U' turns that heavy originals will not negotiate.

... I take it then that the document feeder has improved in later models?

Thanks
    The DP-700 on the FalconII's is vastly better than the previous document feeders. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=