Question Cs-3050CI low toning on Magenta.

I've been fighting this problem for quite a while. The machine seems to be under-toning the magenta developer causing image quality issues (orangish reds are usually described). If I run developer refresh, the problem goes away for a few pages, then comes back.

So far the magenta drum, and developer have been replaced. After two developers, I replaced High Voltage PWB #1. After replacing the HV PWB #1,and doing developer refresh again I couldn't get the problem to return. I also did all color, and AC calibrations. After three weeks, the customer has called again with the same problem.

I inspected the toner hopper assembly that comes out the front of the machine, and haven't found anything wrong with it. The next thing that appears to be able to cause this issue is the engine PWB, but I just can't seem to settle on replacing it. I don't like throwing parts at things.

I can't think of anything that would cause this issue specifically that wouldn't cause a similar issue with the other colors. (transfer belt,etc)

I'd appreciate any feedback I can get. any ideas for testing would be appreciated as well.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Cs-3050CI low toning on Magenta.

Re: Cs-3050CI low toning on Magenta.

Luther provided me with this tidbit:

From System Menu set Calibration to "short". Set U325 to "On" and Mode 2. Set U148 drum refresh set to mode 3. Set U147 set minimum to 20. There is an increase in waste toner usage,due to more frequent self-calibration.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Thanks. I just got back on site. I'll look into that. I also found a bunch of info on it in the trouble shooting manual. I'll let you know what works. I'll also get samples.

The troubleshooting manual had some directions about changing the Voltages on the Mag roller, and upping the a thickness value in U464, so I did follow through with that. After running the developer refresh, and and appropriate calibrations (half-tones, AC calib, and density) I was unable to get the problem to return. My method of testing was making copies of the magenta grayscale in U089 on letter paper. Before taking the steps listed above, the copies would turn light after about 20-30 pages. Now I can run about 60+ with no issues.

Only time will tell on the longevity of this fix. Especially since I have never had any other Kyocera have this issue. I guess we'll just have to see.

Here's the samples I promised. Don't mind the black sharpie that bled through the pages. lol

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gT...ib6KXAicjJ2H9b

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I'm interested in values entered for mag roller voltages and thickness in U464.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Your magenta mag roller is shorting to the drum. Replace the magenta developing unit, and do a color calibration. Your test will be heavy fill magenta areas of 65% fill or heavier. The samples help a lot.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Your magenta mag roller is shorting to the drum. Replace the magenta developing unit, and do a color calibration. Your test will be heavy fill magenta areas of 65% fill or heavier. The samples help a lot.
    =^..^=

I believe he said it's fixed.