Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    CS3010i DATA MIGRATION TO CS3212i

Question CS3010i DATA MIGRATION TO CS3212i

Good afternoon,
    have tried to migrate data between machines in the past using the service mode sim but have yet to be successful. Is there a specific size thumb drive or anything that we could be missing. It is straight forward it seems but it never works. Thank you in advance.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    CS3010i DATA MIGRATION TO CS3212i

Re: CS3010i DATA MIGRATION TO CS3212i

Quote Originally Posted by Intone View Post
    Good afternoon,
    have tried to migrate data between machines in the past using the service mode sim but have yet to be successful. Is there a specific size thumb drive or anything that we could be missing. It is straight forward it seems but it never works. Thank you in advance.

You can't use 917 to directly move data from one model to another. They have to be the same model for that.

You can use the Setup Tool to convert from one model to another using the 917 exported data as input and have it output data you can then use with 917 to import into the new machine.

You can also use Kyocera Net Viewer to move the data from one model to another by putting them both onto the network or saving the data to a file to be uploaded using Net Viewer.

Read the instructions for each to get the details.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Re: CS3010i DATA MIGRATION TO CS3212i

From different models you are unlikely to get 917 to work. You may be lucky with single specific items. Try one at a time as when one fails, it all fails. Best to use net viewer, but again just do single items such as address book, panel etc one at a time. You’ll get a feel for what works and doesn’t once you’ve done it a few times.