Kyo Task 3500i / 3501i

Hello,
    I have two copiers, a Kyocera Taskalfa 3500i and Taskalfa 3501i. The two machines have the same problem: the development units lose a little bit of toner in the front part and the copies leave a little dirty in the same area. The units have 200.000 and 300.000 copiers. Someone know how can I fix it?
    Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyo Task 3500i / 3501i

Re: Kyo Task 3500i / 3501i

Clean the duct system and the dev unit as well.

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyo Task 3500i / 3501i

These machines usually run very well. You may need to replace the DV units if the developer is oxidized from age. When you pull it out & there is toner all over the lip of the DV unit, replace it or you'll keep going back to clean it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    These machines usually run very well. You may need to replace the DV units if the developer is oxidized from age. When you pull it out & there is toner all over the lip of the DV unit, replace it or you'll keep going back to clean it.
    I must disagree with you, I don't think the problem is DV oxidization, as much as the black/gray coating on the DV roller wears away. I believe that it's a magnetic based coating and /or a coating that enhances the charge or magnetic properties of the DV roller. Once the coating is mostly gone dusting dramatically increases and image density decreases. I hope my post makes sense...

Cheers..

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyo Task 3500i / 3501i

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I must disagree with you, I don't think the problem is DV oxidization, as much as the black/gray coating on the DV roller wears away. I believe that it's a magnetic based coating and /or a coating that enhances the charge or magnetic properties of the DV roller. Once the coating is mostly gone dusting dramatically increases and image density decreases. I hope my post makes sense...

Cheers..
    Thanks for that Geo. I can definitely tell a difference when the coating is gone. I’d never thought of or considered that it may be magnetic. Makes perfect sense to me. I’ve always wondered why there is no traditional developer brush, that would explain it.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmaged View Post
    Thanks for that Geo. I can definitely tell a difference when the coating is gone. I’d never thought of or considered that it may be magnetic. Makes perfect sense to me. I’ve always wondered why there is no traditional developer brush, that would explain it.
    I suspect the coating was designed to last just long enough to reach the P.M cycle before wearing out, therefore necessitating at the very least a new DV unit. ..However seems that their formula used to calculate the wear is way off. Other than the 6500/8000 series, I have yet to see a K DV unit last the full 600 K....

What do you folks think?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I suspect the coating was designed to last just long enough to reach the P.M cycle before wearing out, therefore necessitating at the very least a new DV unit. ..However seems that their formula used to calculate the wear is way off. Other than the 6500/8000 series, I have yet to see a K DV unit last the full 600 K....

What do you folks think?

Yeah, you're correct on that one. I had to tell my service manager while out in the field that when these dv units start losing the conductive coating that it starts to dust. He didn't believe me until we got a machine in the office and the print/copy density was off. Had him replace the dv and whoa la! It was all better....

Just like the charge rollers on these machines don't last either, start to bump up causing a leopard effect when print/copying images...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyo Task 3500i / 3501i

Quote Originally Posted by jqueen View Post
    Yeah, you're correct on that one. I had to tell my service manager while out in the field that when these dv units start losing the conductive coating that it starts to dust. He didn't believe me until we got a machine in the office and the print/copy density was off. Had him replace the dv and whoa la! It was all better....

Just like the charge rollers on these machines don't last either, start to bump up causing a leopard effect when print/copying images...
    Even when using modified charge rollers?

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE