Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    CS 3500i making background

I have a CS 3500i that just started making background on copies and prints. I have checked and cleaned the sensor behind the transfer belt unit as well as tried another charger roller. I made sure the cleaning lamps by the drum were clean. I have cleaned the machine and took care to make sure the developer exhaust system is clear as well. I have run U952 set up, but still I get background. I have done a panic stop to see if the background is coming from the fuser, but the background is being put on the page before it hits the fuser. Firmware is the latest. The machine only has 140K on it. I would be grateful for any help.

Re: CS 3500i making background

Anyway you can get a picture of the issue?

Sent from my SM-S906L using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

Using genuine toner? If toner is ok I would suggest you try a new dev unit. Wouldn’t be the first time I’ve seen them fail prematurely.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Turns out it is a drum issue. When I was checking around the settings I noticed that U140 DC Mag was at 178 not 148 as it says in the book. I tried to change that value, but it would always go back to the high number. I called Kyocera and ask how to change those setting. I was told that I can't unless I turn off the auto control for this stuff. Then all bets are off. The guy said then the machine would not auto adjust and all other thing could go wrong. He said the machines we designed to run with the auto adjust. I didn't point out that why was there a way for us to shut that off. So new drum time for this machine. I don't need to be chasing my tail after screwing with the controls and then be coming back for all kinds of things I wouldn't know how to fix.