Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Kyocera TA 5550Ci - squeky noise from middle motor

Hello. I need help with squeky noise from middle motor. When I turn on motor from service menu (U030) Mid roller - (Middle motor (RM) is turned on) - I hear squeky noise.

I checked manual, found only this motor is inside the machine and it drives the paper conveying section. When I open side of the copier the motor turned off , than I can not see rotating of the roller.
    Please do you have experience what cause the squeky noise?
    Many thanx.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Kyocera TA 5550Ci - squeky noise from middle motor

First let me say that I hate squeaks in machines. But with most Kyocera machines I have found it is usually a white idle roller on a metal shaft. I always just clean the shafts. Some say to apply some lube as well. I could go either way on the lube. I have done it both ways and have yet to find it made a difference in the long run. Lube does attract dust. I would start on those rollers on the right side cover. If you have an extra paper tray section below the machine, I would clean those as well since you're there. Hope this helps.

I find cleaning and lubing as needed works well. Other than some of the metal in copper bushings, if the metal has lost its coating no amount of cleaning and lubing will make the sound go away forever.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobertOB View Post
    I find cleaning and lubing as needed works well. Other than some of the metal in copper bushings, if the metal has lost its coating no amount of cleaning and lubing will make the sound go away forever.
    Maybe you mean Sintered bearings which are generally made of Bronze. They can also be a type which doesn't require lubrication like those coated with materials like Teflon.

Quote Originally Posted by monarke4 View Post
    Maybe you mean Sintered bearings which are generally made of Bronze. They can also be a type which doesn't require lubrication like those coated with materials like Teflon.
    That is exactly the type, the teflon can be worn off, then you lube it so the customer can keep using the machine while you wait for new parts.