Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Copystar CS 3511i with F010

Gene,
    I have tried the front cover & the side main door both open at the same time and it would code out. I didnt try just the front cover though. I am heading back Thursday or Friday with the SSD, before I change it I will try just the front cover open and let you know.

I know they did away with the two dimm boards that were on the CS3510i and now it just has this one SSD board, the main board doesn't even have the little chip to remove like on the CS3510 series.

From what I understand, the firmware is kept on this SSD Tech support didn't even know it had a SSD until I told them (two different support reps)

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pjdbm View Post
    Tech support didn't even know it had a SSD until I told them
    And this surprises you, how? For the most part they seem to be nothing more than script kiddies reading from prepared notes. I very seldom call them anymore unless I am looking for a good laugh.

Good luck with your machine.

I just got a TA-3212i (very close to the 3511) and tried it. If you leave the door open when you turn on the machine it warns you before it can run its self diagnostics. The touch screen appears and when you press the Numeric Keyboard button it appears and works. You should then be able to enter maintenance mode and run U024 format HDD or SSD.
    Gene, I tried this today and it did not work. When this F010 is set, there is no getting pass this.

Here is the copier Main Control board with the SSD on the top right.

This is the SSD board, this board holds system firmware , theres no more dimms on this machine.

This SSD board was the problem, you will have to have a USB stick with the latest firmware after replacing this board.

When you replace this new SSD board and boot the copier up, it will go into the F010 code again. This is when you turn off copier, insert the USB with the latest firmware and reboot. You will now see the machine go into firmware update but you will only see four lines of information and it will say firmware "recover complete" turn off copier. Here is where you power off the copier but leave the USB stick in and reboot, it now does a complete firmware update like normal.

Turn copier off again & remove stick and reboot. Now you will see the copier get past the "welcome" screen, you will see program loading (you know it is fixed) but then goes into error C0180. I knew I was half way there and didnt want to call the hotline and deal with rookie techs going by the books so I called a friend who is a veteran Kyocera guru Hose1cook, he instructed me to do a simulation 04 "machine number" and execute that. I did and rebooted the copier and it is fixed.

You will lose all IP & address book, I couldn't back it up as the machine was down in error.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, hope this may help someone somewhere.

Thank you to Hose1cook for taking my call and helping me out.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Glad you got it sorted out. Thanks for the update.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by pjdbm View Post
    Here is the copier Main Control board with the SSD on the top right.

This is the SSD board, this board holds system firmware , theres no more dimms on this machine.

This SSD board was the problem, you will have to have a USB stick with the latest firmware after replacing this board.

When you replace this new SSD board and boot the copier up, it will go into the F010 code again. This is when you turn off copier, insert the USB with the latest firmware and reboot. You will now see the machine go into firmware update but you will only see four lines of information and it will say firmware "recover complete" turn off copier. Here is where you power off the copier but leave the USB stick in and reboot, it now does a complete firmware update like normal.

Turn copier off again & remove stick and reboot. Now you will see the copier get past the "welcome" screen, you will see program loading (you know it is fixed) but then goes into error C0180. I knew I was half way there and didnt want to call the hotline and deal with rookie techs going by the books so I called a friend who is a veteran Kyocera guru Hose1cook, he instructed me to do a simulation 04 "machine number" and execute that. I did and rebooted the copier and it is fixed.

You will lose all IP & address book, I couldn't back it up as the machine was down in error.

Anyways, thanks for the help guys, hope this may help someone somewhere.

Thank you to Hose1cook for taking my call and helping me out.
    Hi guys

I have the same issue here. I'm ordering the new ssd board. What do you mean by doing simulation 04 "machine model" I'm unfamiliar with this machine please explain.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

It forces the machine serial number back into the SSD.

Technician

Post Re: Copystar CS 3511i with F010

Quote Originally Posted by ntbann View Post
    It forces the machine serial number back into the SSD.
    Ok. Thanks for that. Is that done in the U modes? I can't see any reference to simulation modes in service manual.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts ntbann's Avatar

Yes