Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

CS-3501i Intermittent C6610 code

Fuser Release sensor error , error was present when I arrived and happened for me . Pulled the fuser unit and removed the fuser release motor and hand turned the release mechanism , it seemed to be moving fine , hand tuned the motor , no bind , inspected the sensor and blew it out a bit , re-assembled and tested , error did not recur , but I get the gut feeling it will . Machine has fresh FW from about 4 months ago and has been working , so I doubt that has anything to do with it . About 265K on machine . So has anyone seen this ? Is there perhaps a service bulletin relating to this issue ? I am guessing if this issue recurs that I will need to replace the entire fuser unit as the parts manual only shows the fuser as an assembly . I have the Service and Parts Manual . Thanks in advance , Ark .

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    CS-3501i Intermittent C6610 code

Re: CS-3501i Intermittent C6610 code

If issue occurs again, I would start with a new fuser unit. I have had this issue before and it has always turned out to be the motor on the fuser unit.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Re: CS-3501i Intermittent C6610 code

Quote Originally Posted by copiertec View Post
    If issue occurs again, I would start with a new fuser unit. I have had this issue before and it has always turned out to be the motor on the fuser unit.
    seen plenty of these errors even on colour machines, I just replace fuser units , unfortunately the fuses only come as complete unit, no individual parts, if you are lucky the copier is still under 3 years then claim long life unit , even if you are just out of 3 years then you can still claim