Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Kyocera 8002i Jamming

Hi Guys,
    I have a machine with repeated jamming issues and hope someone might shed some light on this for me. Event log has been recording 4302-"DU Sensor 1 non-arrival jam", 4701 "Exit Reverse Sensor non-arrival jam," and 4608 "Exit sensor non-arrival" jam. I've gone so far as to replace the eject unit in this machine and still get the same jam locations. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 8002i Jamming

Re: Kyocera 8002i Jamming

What's the mileage on the machine?

Sent from portable device using fast cheapset!
    .OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera 8002i Jamming

Quote Originally Posted by StratManDan View Post
    Hi Guys,
    I have a machine with repeated jamming issues and hope someone might shed some light on this for me. Event log has been recording 4302-"DU Sensor 1 non-arrival jam", 4701 "Exit Reverse Sensor non-arrival jam," and 4608 "Exit sensor non-arrival" jam. I've gone so far as to replace the eject unit in this machine and still get the same jam locations. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    life on components?
    what have you done besides eject?
    late arrival means paper didn't make to next sensor in time... look for transport issues.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    life on components?
    what have you done besides eject?
    late arrival means paper didn't make to next sensor in time... look for transport issues.
    Life count on the machine is 101185

Eject is the only component I've replaced. Other than that, I've ruled out cassettes creating issues, and wet paper. This machine was previously at another location, and was having the jam issues there as well. I noticed a voltage drop on the surge protector, and suggested the user install a designated circuit for this machine. It was done, and no more jam issues. Then, this machine was moved to it's present location, and has started jam issues all over again. I am waiting on confirmation that this is a designated circuit the machine is on now, but have serious doubts that it is.

Kyocera 8002i Jamming

Life count on the machine is 101185
    Eject is the only component I've replaced. Other than that, I've ruled out cassettes creating issues, and wet paper. This machine was previously at another location, and was having the jam issues there as well. I noticed a voltage drop on the surge protector, and suggested the user install a designated circuit for this machine. It was done, and no more jam issues. Then, this machine was moved to it's present location, and has started jam issues all over again. I am waiting on confirmation that this is a designated circuit the machine is on now, but have serious doubts that it is.
    if they move it a lot.. suggest they get an external conditioner/ups to move along with the product.. I have used this in just that type situation .. Large Format UPS – AMETEK | ESP | SurgeX
    but they make a wide range of power protection devices...
    AMETEK | ESP | SurgeX – Power protection, conditioning, and energy intelligence solutions

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    if they move it a lot.. suggest they get an external conditioner/ups to move along with the product.. I have used this in just that type situation .. Large Format UPS – AMETEK | ESP | SurgeX
    but they make a wide range of power protection devices...
    AMETEK | ESP | SurgeX – Power protection, conditioning, and energy intelligence solutions
    The machine is plugged into a 120V-15A,20A surge protector, which is then plugged into the wall outlet.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Ropariva's Avatar

I’d be pulling you paper feed units out and checking the pinch between all the rollers. I’ve had so many now with gaps between the grey and white back up rollers. Also check for wear on the center roller holder. They wear and put the back up roller crooked. This all leads to paper feeding crooked and jam codes at exit and duplex. IMG_4614.jpg

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    I’d be pulling you paper feed units out and checking the pinch between all the rollers. I’ve had so many now with gaps between the grey and white back up rollers. Also check for wear on the center roller holder. They wear and put the back up roller crooked. This all leads to paper feeding crooked and jam codes at exit and duplex. IMG_4614.jpg
    Center roller holder? Where is this roller holder located?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ropariva View Post
    Center roller holder? Where is this roller holder located? The unit in the photograph, what is it? Duplex?

Kyocera 8002i Jamming

The machine is plugged into a 120V-15A,20A surge protector, which is then plugged into the wall outlet.
    what BRAND of surge.... APC don't even measure up to ESP