Technician

Smile Twain do not work in windows 10 for KM 3500

Hi all , I try to use Twain of KM3500 with windows 10 but no luck , any suggestions ? . .

Re: Twain do not work in windows 10 for KM 3500

Quote Originally Posted by Apkareno View Post
    Hi all , I try to use Twain of KM3500 with windows 10 but no luck , any suggestions ? . .

Set them up for scan to folder, Very Very rare do we have a customer that has to scan using twain driver.

Did you setup the twain driver? Yes Kyocera twain driver needs to be configured

Also check under programs looking for kyocera print utility, saw in a windows 10 pc that there IT did not want to setup scan to folder.

KYOCERA Print Center
    KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc
    Utilities & tools
    KYOCERA Print Center is a utility app that supports KYOCERA printing devices and scanning devices that share a network connection with Windows 10 devices. The app is primarily a scan driver and a device monitor. It also includes a library of printable templates and a camera
    Note it needs setup as well to scan ie ipaddress
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ky...ot:overviewtab
    Last edited by bsm2; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:19 PM.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Twain do not work in windows 10 for KM 3500

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    Set them up for scan to folder, Very Very rare do we have a customer that has to scan using twain driver.

Did you setup the twain driver? Yes Kyocera twain driver needs to be configured

Also check under programs looking for kyocera print utility, saw in a windows 10 pc that there IT did not want to setup scan to folder.

KYOCERA Print Center
    KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc
    Utilities & tools
    KYOCERA Print Center is a utility app that supports KYOCERA printing devices and scanning devices that share a network connection with Windows 10 devices. The app is primarily a scan driver and a device monitor. It also includes a library of printable templates and a camera
    Note it needs setup as well to scan ie ipaddress
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/ky...ot:overviewtab

I've got several customer that need the Network TWAIN driver, but that's because they need to pull documents into very specific programs (Time Matters for example)

Out of curiosity, have you tried installing the TWAIN driver in "Compatibility Mode" for an older operating system? I know it's a long shot, but some manufacturers won't write TWAIN or print drivers for an older machine. I've seen it get cut off as soon as 5 years. At least it might get you functional.

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I've got several customer that need the Network TWAIN driver, but that's because they need to pull documents into very specific programs (Time Matters for example)

Out of curiosity, have you tried installing the TWAIN driver in "Compatibility Mode" for an older operating system? I know it's a long shot, but some manufacturers won't write TWAIN or print drivers for an older machine. I've seen it get cut off as soon as 5 years. At least it might get you functional.
    I installed a machine yesterday that needed the Twain driver loaded to pull scan into Photoshop.
    It was such a pain to do at the machine that we wound up creating a shortcut on the panel that was faster and easier to use.
    Hit the shortcut to put the machine into the required mode and start the scan from PS.
    Mind...it was one those new TASKalfa351ci POS.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Check out the Quick Scan utility that Kyocera now has available . This will work on USB and Network .
    "The Senility Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.