Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician
    Recent Win7 Scan issue

Recent Win7 Scan issue

Greetings all,
    Yesterday, January 9 2018, I had a dozen customers call with the always fun "unable to scan" issue. Hmm, a dozen accounts all at once? Seeing that Microsoft had sent out a Win7/Server2008 update the night before (KB4481480), I was sure that this was the cause. Unable to quickly work around this problem (error 1102), I resorted to 'System Restore' to January 5, which got everyone up & scanning once again.

This evening, I noticed through 'Programs & Features' my updated Win7 Professional on my office PC now shows a 'Scan Management' unchecked box; if I check this will it fix everyone's problem? (Ala, checking 'all' the SMB boxes for the Win10 update months ago)

If not, has anyone figured out a hard fix for this situation? Win10 does not seem to be affected by this latest update, and I'm sure that my System Restore procedure for the Win7 machines is just a temporary remedy.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Last edited by qtech; 01-11-2019 at 12:46 AM.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Recent Win7 Scan issue

Re: Recent Win7 Scan issue

Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Recent Win7 Scan issue

Quote Originally Posted by qtech View Post
    Greetings all,
    Yesterday, January 9 2018, I had a dozen customers call with the always fun "unable to scan" issue. Hmm, a dozen accounts all at once? Seeing that Microsoft had sent out a Win7/Server2008 update the night before (KB4481480), I was sure that this was the cause. Unable to quickly work around this problem (error 1102), I resorted to 'System Restore' to January 5, which got everyone up & scanning once again.

This evening, I noticed through 'Programs & Features' my updated Win7 Professional on my office PC now shows a 'Scan Management' unchecked box; if I check this will it fix everyone's problem? (Ala, checking 'all' the SMB boxes for the Win10 update months ago)

If not, has anyone figured out a hard fix for this situation? Win10 does not seem to be affected by this latest update, and I'm sure that my System Restore procedure for the Win7 machines is just a temporary remedy.

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
    Most copier manufacturers have released firmware to support SMB 2/3 so no need to SMB v1
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

So far the only fix that's worked for me is uninstalling the 01/2019 security updates.