Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Hello all,

    Has anyone ever had an issue with Kyocera M3550idn receive faxes slow? I had a few users report to me it has happened ever since their equipment was changed to this model. It seems faxes are delayed anywhere from 1-4hrs or faxes print slow (15-20secs per page). They originally had Brothers faxes.

    I've tried disabling ECM, but no help.

  2. #2
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    3,220
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Quote Originally Posted by wertyxhts View Post
    Hello all, Has anyone ever had an issue with Kyocera M3550idn receive faxes slow? I had a few users report to me it has happened ever since their equipment was changed to this model. It seems faxes are delayed anywhere from 1-4hrs or faxes print slow (15-20secs per page). They originally had Brothers faxes.
    I've tried disabling ECM, but no help.
    ok would help if we knew:
    analog or dsl or voip?
    what speeds have you set the fax at?
    have you put a headset to the WALL JACK and listened for any noise?
    have you printed out the FAX ERROR log?
    what are the errors?

    a lil more info would be sooooo helpful!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    ok would help if we knew:
    analog or dsl or voip?
    what speeds have you set the fax at?
    have you put a headset to the WALL JACK and listened for any noise?
    have you printed out the FAX ERROR log?
    what are the errors?

    a lil more info would be sooooo helpful!
    1. Analog
    2. Set at the highest speed @ 33.6kbs for TX and RX
    3. Yes, headset was placed in wall jack but no noise or interference heard.
    4. No errors on reports or device. Just takes longer to receive fax.
    A. Receiving faxes often take longer to receive about 1-4hours laters after sent.
    B. Faxes with multiple pages take about 15-20 secs to print between pages.
    C. Plugging back original device (Brothers Fax), faxes are received with no delay.
    5. When calling fax line, device gives a proper handshake. No busy signal.

  4. #4
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Phil B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    3,220
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Quote Originally Posted by wertyxhts View Post
    1. Analog
    2. Set at the highest speed @ 33.6kbs for TX and RX
    3. Yes, headset was placed in wall jack but no noise or interference heard.
    4. No errors on reports or device. Just takes longer to receive fax.
    A. Receiving faxes often take longer to receive about 1-4hours laters after sent.
    B. Faxes with multiple pages take about 15-20 secs to print between pages.
    C. Plugging back original device (Brothers Fax), faxes are received with no delay.
    5. When calling fax line, device gives a proper handshake. No busy signal.
    Ok.. then print out fax settings.. compare to your unit.. record changes as made.. WHAT SIZE *resolution* was the old one vs new set at?

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    columbus, ms
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Make sure you are using a two wire patch cable to the machine. Using a 4 wire can cause all sorts of weird issues. I had one that would not receive from certain locations, but worked fine from others. Had phone company test the line with a fax coming in from one of these locations and the call came in and terminated at the machine. Changed to a two wire cord and it has been over a year with no problems. Something worth trying.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow


    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Quote Originally Posted by lees View Post
    Make sure you are using a two wire patch cable to the machine. Using a 4 wire can cause all sorts of weird issues. I had one that would not receive from certain locations, but worked fine from others. Had phone company test the line with a fax coming in from one of these locations and the call came in and terminated at the machine. Changed to a two wire cord and it has been over a year with no problems. Something worth trying.
    This is best practice. The other two wires aren't needed and cause unnecessary interference. Also use the ferrite choke that came with the cord.

  7. #7
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    mineola
    Posts
    83
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Agree, I learned the hard way. Use the phone cord that comes with fax card

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts mjunkaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    328
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Also, be aware: Most MFP uses HDD for faxing. And, it sounds like a scheduler is turned on, or sender is sending 4 hours later? TRY THIS: While sending a fax OUT of the unit, CALL THE FAX NUMBER! What do you hear? Is IT RINGING??? OOPS! Someone turned call waiting on, sure to mess up faxes forever (need busy tone)! Then, call the fax# when it's standing by, and let it screech in your ear - if it answers the # of rings it's supposed to.
    If the unit is set to Rx/Tx real time, will slow things way down.....the other poster's advice still applies!
    MOST analog phone lines, last I heard were maxed out at about 24k (26400) even if you set to 33.6
    Hope this helps!

  9. #9
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    82
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Turn on batch printing otherwise reception seems very slow due to inefficiency:

    System menu-Fax-Reception-Batch Printing On

  10. #10
    IT Manager 1,000+ Posts bsm2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,139
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Kyocera M3550idn Receives faxes slow

    Quote Originally Posted by nathicana View Post
    Turn on batch printing otherwise reception seems very slow due to inefficiency:

    System menu-Fax-Reception-Batch Printing On

    Factory default is OFF please turn ON all KYOCERA's

    As far as delay 1-4 hours how do they know? time on header is based on information sent from other fax, so if the time is incorrect on sending fax Nothing wrong with your fax. Remember fax is just a dummy device waiting for a call, also first in first out, one fax at a time.

    Believe you can turn on receiving time stamp, never had to turn on in 38 years.
    Last edited by bsm2; 6 Days Ago at 01:37 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here